Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Road 20% off selected items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter Road 20% off selected items

Just got an email notice that Porter Road is having a 20% off selected item sale. This weekend only. It includes brisket.

https://porterroad.com/collections/s...5uZXQifQ%3D%3D

Got this e-mail, too. Was thinking of ordering a few things. Anyone know what a "whole brisket" is? They also have a packer brisket, so this is something different. Is it just the flat? A pre-trimmed packer?

Also, has anyone cooked their briskets? Any good? Thanks.

Comment

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      Near as I can tell, the difference between "whole" and "packer" is the amount of trimming done to each. It looks like the "whole" has had a lot more of the fat trimmed off than the "packer". As for quality, I know they have a good reputation here in The Pit, but I have never ordered from them.

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoking77 ive asked them this exact question. Whole is trimmed full packer is not. They are both full size briskets

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      grantgallagher Good to know, thanks

I musta been drinking good last night, had an email from porter road with a receipt and shipping notification lol. Looks like I ordered a brisket, short ribs, and some British style bacon

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Last time I mixed booze, late night and a credit card......woke up the next day and was missing my watch, wallet and laptop. 💋

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Their short ribs appear to be cut across the bone, like the flanken cut rubs I get at Sam's, versus being a plate of short ribs. That's made me hesitant to buy them.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris my Sams doesn't even carry any so I figured it was worth a shot. I'll share when I get n cook 'em

I ordered two whole briskets. They're arriving Friday!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here