Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime 6 Charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime 6 Charcoal

Lowes is having a one day sale on Prime 6 charcoal. I had never heard of it until I received the email from Lowes. It is $19.98 for 9 lbs and they are throwing in a Prime 6 chimney starter for free. I said "why not" and placed an order.

Prime 6 Sustainable Charcoal 9lb in the Charcoal & Accessories department at Lowes.com

Nice. Let us know how it works out.

Looks awful similar to our friend's TNPIGBBQ 's Blackbear charcoal.

Final edit: so gents, apparently, starting a niche luxury goods business right at the start of what’s shaping up to be a decade of global economic chaos wasn’t a recipe for success. Blackbear Charcoal is no more, if you ordered any and have not received it please PM me or @ me here and I’ll make sure to get some out to you

Comment

• Spacecase
      Spacecase commented
      Editing a comment
      It does indeed. Seems like they just use different types of wood.

• TNPIGBBQ
      TNPIGBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s pretty similar, different type of wood and dimensions of the briquettes from what I’ve seen. I haven’t tried it myself though.

Wish I had their marketing savvy!

ETA: changed dime of to dimensions. Autocorrect error
      Last edited by TNPIGBBQ; March 14, 2021, 01:11 PM.

Interesting, however none of the Lowe’s within a hundred miles of my location have any!

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Both Oshkosh & Appleton show availability if ordered in 3 to 7 days.

Over $2 a pound for charcoal is not my idea of a food deal............

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      But they are throwing in a "free" chimney.

TNPIGBBQ Your marketing savvy worked on me. I just placed an order for your charcoal via Amazon. Looking forward to trying it.

Comment

• TNPIGBBQ
      TNPIGBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the support, hope you enjoy! It’s what I personally wanted to use and it’s all I cook with for my family. If you check out my Instagram page you’ll see all the pics are from 3 grills. 2 are on my back porch and 1 is at my parents. I 100% stand behind it.

But you know, I’m not on Shark Tank or anything so take that with a grain of salt. Lol

Being serious I’m a CPA, still learning/improving marketing. These Prime 6 guys had an impressive vision and follow through, happy for them.

Let us know how this stuff preforms. I am always curious about new fuels like this.

Comment

Same as Spinaker always curious. $2/lb is steep when Kingsford is $.50/lb and on sale it's $0.25/lb...but if it's great stuff I'd try it.

Comment

That is really expensive. I use different briquettes for different occasions. For everyday grilling I like briquettes that either burn clean or have a nice woodsy aroma. For that I am currently using Grill Mark briquettes. It's slow to get lit but it does produce a nice, clean woodsy aroma. It burns reasonably long. I also like Kingsford Professional which is usually available in 2-packs at a good price at Costco come spring. I love Weber and B&B Competition oak briquettes for low/slow and for longer grill cooks (whole birds, for example). They both burn clean and what I will typically do is put down a small layer unlit under fully lit quicker burning briquettes, like Kingsford Competition. They won't produce any off-flavors as they heat up and because these are big briquettes they burn really long.

I'm very interested to see how these briquettes perform. I always keep a high quality lump on hand (currently a bag of FOGO) for special occasion cooks. Maybe this product justifies its price......

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here