Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber 60004001 Genesis II LX S-240 2-burner propane deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber 60004001 Genesis II LX S-240 2-burner propane deal

Is it a good/great deal? I don't know for sure. I believe the line is discontinued because I can't find it on Weber's site. Also, and I'm not certain about this particular model, I think Max gave this line a modest "Bronze" medal, but again, I'm having a tough time ascertaining whether this particular model falls into this group of reviews. Anyway, here it is. Good for the next 12-days or until sold out at Woot. This listing states a "list price" of $1200, and the sale is for $699. And, it still comes with the Weber 10-year "limited" warranty.

Weber Genesis II on Woot.

Weber 310 is 3 burners and only $50 more.

Comment

Doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. Have a look at Acme Tools for instance and see an example of what they have to offer: https://www.acmetools.com/shop/Searc...=weber%20grill

FWIW, I bought a Weber Genesis EP-330 from them a few years ago and couldn't have been happier with their prices and responsiveness.

Comment

• dtresca
        dtresca commented
        Editing a comment
        I would agree! I think you can get a lot more value at that price point. I was lucky enough to pick up a Weber Geneses II E-310 (3-burner) a month ago from Home Depot for $470. I'm guessing you can find deals somewhere.

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought a giant slingshot, some roller skates, and a rocket from them a few years back. The service was very good.

If you really want the one with the enclosed cart, in all stainless, with a side burner, its actually NOT a bad deal. If you look at Home Depot, arguably one of the larger nation-wide Weber resellers, the 3 burner Genesis II E-310 - open cart and no side burner, in black - is $749.

I cooked for most of the past 20 years on a 2 burner Weber Genesis Silver A, made in 2002, and at about 350 square inches of grate space, feeding a large family, I just got used to doing multiple batches of things like burgers and dogs. If you don't have to feed an army, the 2 burner Genesis is plenty of direct grilling space.

The main comment I will make about the stainless used on the newer Weber's.... my Genesis II E-410, purchased January 2019 on clearance at Home Depot for $399 (originally $800 in Fall of 2018, now more like $999), has stainless side tables and stainless for the control knob area across the front, along with handles and stuff. The side tables are literally staining or getting rust spots. And I keep it under a cover all the time when not in use. Based on that, not sure I would want my entire grill made out of stainless, unless Weber uses a better grade for the lid than they used for the side tables. I plan to get on it with some Barkeeper's Friend at some point, but have yet to deal with it, as I am not using the Genesis much lately, and only think about the spots on the side tables when I have the cover off and am looking at it.

Comment

Also, I don't really "get" the enclosed carts on the newer Webers. I guess it hides the grease catch tray and the lower storage shelf. But they no longer put the propane tank there - it hangs on the side under the shroud to the right. And the enclosed cart is pretty open around the tops and back, and through the slats on the bottom shelf. You won't want to store much under there unless you keep a cover on the grill.

I say that coming from having owned two Genesis grills that had open carts (2002 and 2019). My dad has a Weber Spirit, where it is enclosed, and the propane tank is hidden inside the cart, along with the grease catch.

Comment

NoFatNoFlavor! I must be flavorful to the MAX.
          It is only a good deal if you really want that cooker.
          Happy grilling to you, and PBR too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here