Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25% off code at Onlyfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25% off code at Onlyfire

PRIZE25 will get you 25% off. Orders over $50 ship free. You can get their SS or black Kettle rotisserie kit for under $100. Of course, there are lots of other products as well.

International company which specializes in developing, designing and manufacturing all kinds of fire pit fitting parts, BBQ replacement parts, rotisserie kits, pizza ovens, fire glass and more!

Click image for larger version

Name:	9_1800x1800.jpg?v=1551914184.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	983814

🤦
    Resistance is futile.....

Comment

Oh I'm so tempted to go after the rotisserie attachment for the Weber Kettle. Does anyone have experience with it? It feels like one of those things I buy, use a couple of times, then stop using... thoughts?

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I have had the Weber rotisserie for years, and it's my go to way to cook whole chix on the grill. There's just somethin' about spinnin' a bird...

• jhoskins
        jhoskins commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, so much for y'all talking me out of it

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed with RonB. The rotisserie is my favorite way to cook a whole bird

They also have their new pizza ovens on sale. With the code, they come to $277.49 and $329.99.

Name:	cKT7TFt.png
Views:	401
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	983853

Comment

When the the 25% off code expire? I do see anything regarding that on the web site.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no idea.

I just tried to order the rotisserie. I looked and looked and found no place to enter the discount code. I'm clearly missing something. 🤷‍♂️🤦

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you doing it on the phone or on your computer? On a computer, it should show up on the right side of the screen after you click "checkout".

On a phone, you have to click "Show order summary" at the top of the screen where it's asking for your address below.

Got it done. Thanks!

Comment

I have their octagonal rotisserie basket--wonderful for roasting a few pounds of chiles or bell peppers. I highly recommend it.

Comment

This caught my attention...... one of the largest drawbacks/concerns I had before ordering the SnS grill was lack of a rotisserie for it. I just sent an email to the folks at Onlyfire to get their input, as website says 22 1/2” max and I measure 23 3/16” at one spot on mine. If not, I’ll keep looki;g for a good price on a used Weber!

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
              I have their octagonal rotisserie basket--wonderful for roasting a few pounds of chiles or bell peppers. I highly recommend it.
              Which one do you have? What do you like to use it for?

Name:	uHQthdj.png
Views:	338
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	983914

Name:	hjC14hz.png
Views:	340
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	983915

Comment

• Willy
                Willy commented
                Editing a comment
                The bottom (octagonal) one. So far I’ve just used it for peppers. I wonder if it might work with wings?
                Last edited by Willy; February 2, 2021, 06:17 PM.

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Willy I was trying to figure out which one I should get. I want to do peppers and wings. One of the reviews on Amazon said he lost wings in the one you own. He said there was space that allowed them to escape. Is that something you see?

Yeah, I just looked and I can see wings escaping being possible, but not drumsticks. The other model looks even worse in that regard. Possibly some sort of food-safe "hardware-ish" cloth being wired in place. It’d only be needed on top and bottom, which alas, is six sides but only two pieces.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a bummer. But I can't see where wings would come out. If wings could escape why don't peppers?

Originally posted by Yohawk View Post
              This caught my attention...... one of the largest drawbacks/concerns I had before ordering the SnS grill was lack of a rotisserie for it. I just sent an email to the folks at Onlyfire to get their input, as website says 22 1/2” max and I measure 23 3/16” at one spot on mine. If not, I’ll keep looki;g for a good price on a used Weber!
              Thank you for posting this. I was seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this deal, but I decided to search for some reviews. It sells on Amazon and one of the reviews looks to be right on point regarding your concern:

"The only problem I have with this unit is that it is slightly smaller than my Weber kettle grill and has about 1/2" air gap around the ring where it sits on top with its feet. This air gap keeps me from being able to control the air flow and my fire gets too hot. I have to stuff aluminum foil around the edge to mitigate that. I would have given it 5 stars if it did not have this issue. The lid fits on top of the ring OK."

Other reviewers seem to agree with the fit issue.

Comment

• Yohawk
                Yohawk commented
                Editing a comment
                Never received a response..... I guess business must be good!

Why in the world did I click this thread? Take my money...

Comment

Attjack: Laook at the photo of the one on top; the wires only go "around" the basket and there are no wires running lengthwise, which leaves long "slots". On mine (the lower one), this is true of the top, bottom, and the four short sides. The two longer sides on mine have wires running in both directions, leaving small square holes. Also, on mine the gap between the wires is 5/8 of an inch, not sure about the top one. Anyhoo the two sides are not a problem with 5/8 square holes, but the gap on the other six sides is large enough that a wing flat could slip through. The wings (or peppers) tumble with each rotation and will end up lengthwise, diagonal, crosswise, and end-wise (all with respect to the direction of rotation). A crosswise ("circumferential" orientation) or end-wise (oriented radially) wing flat could very probably slip through, less'n you've got big wings. Bells and the standard green chiles are too large to fit through the gap, not so with, say, serranos. Like wings, though, the peppers tumble in all directions and, occasionally, a stem gets trapped in the holes/slots, which isn't a big deal and usually self-corrects. One solution might be to use whole wings, minus the tip, which MIGHT hang up, instead of separated flats and drumettes.

I hope that is clear--LOL
                Last edited by Willy; February 5, 2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Well I took advantage of this sale and my rotisserie kit for my Weber kettle just arrived! Only $95 delivered. 👍

Now the bad news. It’s going to be ultra cold here in SE WI for the next two weeks! Not at all outdoor cooking weather. Especially if I want to be out there tending the cooker as I learn the new gadgets. Bummer. Yea I know. I’m a whimp.

Comment

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Does it fit on your kettle well?

• Jfrosty27
                    Jfrosty27 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know yet. Too darn cold to be outside to assemble it! I will report back when I get it together.

• willxfmr
                    willxfmr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh fer cry eye. The cows still need milking even when it's (insert adverse condition here)

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here