Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOLDBELLY: a way to make this affordable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOLDBELLY: a way to make this affordable

OK, I think many of you have seen that you can get food from all sorts of places including semi-famous bbq joints but the price is easily twice what you would pay in the store. For example, Snow's BBQ lets you order online 2 racks of St Louis style ribs for 73.00. That's pricey but not out of control for the Texas Monthly "best BBQ in Texas" my guess it is more than the price you'd pay in the store because even the best Houston joints charge 25-28$ a rack. So the Goldbelly price of 129$ delivered is ridonculous. BUT WAIT! The coupon GOLDB3LLY gets you 20$ of your first order and if you have an AMEX platinum card (who doesn't) you get 50$ off an order of 100$ or more (and can do this three times by 6/30! so my absurd 129$ order is now 59$, or just under 30$ a rack delivered.

OK, it aint a great deal compared to the fact that I can get cheap ribs at 13$ a rack or less and the good ones (HEB naturals) at 18$ or so but then there is the curiosity factor.

Nice work around. No PhD so no Amex here.

Comment

• fracmeister
      fracmeister commented
      Editing a comment
      turns out i have some other things that make it possible for me to afford that AMEX. I actually make money on the card in spite of its ridiculous fee

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here