Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creekstone Farms Duroc St. Louis ribs on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creekstone Farms Duroc St. Louis ribs on sale

Just got an email, as I'm sure several others here also got, telling me I can get a 5-pack of Duroc St. Louis ribs for $88. So of course I had to do it.

I got that email and bought the ribs, too. Also added the 4-pack of Prime Black Angus Tri-Tips for $88, which put me over the free shipping minimum.

Comment

OK. I bit! Followed jumbo7676 lead and got the tri tips to got free 3 day shipping, hope a cold front comes to Florida!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I don't have the freezer space to store 5 racks of SLC ribs. I'll have to pass on this opportunity.

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          if you can store 3 then put two on the smoker when arrived!!!

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Use up some of that freezer inventory while you wait for the ribs to arrive!

Sheesh. I just got an expensive box from Meat Artisan. Cant get another.

Comment

Resist resist resist...nope. Grabbed the ribs and tri-tips. Damn it.

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            well they emailed me to say the tri-tips were sold out so i guess i just SAVED some money, lol

I literally just bought 6 racks of spare ribs for $1.29/lb the other day and have no room left. Damnit

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            It's going to be a tight squeeze to get these in, now that I really think about it. I had to do it though, because they are going to be better than some of the other stuff in there.
            Last edited by Steve R.; January 19, 2021, 12:58 PM.

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            i literally just reorganized my chest freezer using milk crates to optimize space and accessibility. Now I have ideal space for ribs and something else, lol.

Dang, I waited too long... tri-tips are sold out. Wanted to discuss this one with the wife before pulling the trigger... next time I'm begging for forgiveness

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Keep checking. Sometimes they temporarily run out of stuff, but then have it back in stock the next day or so. This gives you little time to negotiate with the wife, so be thinking of what to say when you beg forgiveness.

Put my wife on strict orders not to put anything in freezer till the shipment comes in!

Comment

I saw this sale immediately..NOPE, not today Satan... had to pass. Just took some cooked ones out of the freezer to thaw.

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              You just freed up some freezer space! C'mon, man! 😛

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve R. It takes me too long to eat them
              Now. And no room at the inn.

MaMa said NO.

Comment

Man...my self-imposed freezer diet is really not working out for me right now.

Comment

Just got an email saying my ribs, tri tips and filets are on the way.

Comment

• smokenoob
                  smokenoob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mine to! Arrive Saturday

Sold out. Wish I'd seen this earlier. I get their emails but I only remember seeing the 2 briskets one. I have ribs in the freezer but I've never tried Duroc.

Comment

Huskee (oops, thought I was posting on your reply) These ribs are fantastic. Only had one rack that was a bit thin. The rest were great. Even the frozen cooked ribs I pulled out are very flavorful. Not the best texture from being frozen but tasty and porky.
                  Last edited by HouseHomey; January 21, 2021, 08:34 AM. Reason: Post in wrong location

Comment

• smokenoob
                    smokenoob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Freezing effects texture? I guess I will cook some Sunday (unfrozen) and compare to a frozen one weeks later. If I put all 5 on the smoker you guys within 3 states will show up......

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    smokenoob I can smell it from here.

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Heard good things but never had the desire to spend the premium for Duroc.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here