Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center

Been watching/looking for a deal on these for two years.
    Finally $1,584.00.

It is out of stock, but Amazon let me order it at that price. Not sure if it will ever be fulfilled. I see they have open stock at the normal price of $1,999.
    I just have it on my watch list, they sent me an email, and I ordered it.
    Here's hoping....

Good luck.

Comment

FYI, this is probably the reason you are just now seeing a deal after 2 years:

The durable, dual-walled insulated steel and unlimited potential of the Summit® Kamado S6 Charcoal Grill Center lands it in a class of its own. It quickly reaches desired temperatures, maintains heat for all-day smoking, and the gas ignition makes lighting charcoal as easy as pushing a button. Feeding a crowd? With an extra-large 24” cooking area, Summit® Kamado is ready to handle any size feast. And simply reposition its grate to transform your Kamado into an every-day charcoal grill to sear steaks, grill chicken, smoke fish, and anything else you’re serving at the BBQ.• Dual-walled insulation for precise, quick temperature changes• Steel construction and porcelain-enameled finish for durability• Snap-Jet gas ignition system ignites charcoal within 15 min.• Rapidfire lid damper boosts air flow to quickly reach high heat• One-Touch cleaning system for hassle-free clean up• Adjustable fuel grate for smoking or high-heat searing• Stainless steel diffuser plate helps maintain consistent low temperatures for smoking• Gourmet BBQ System ready, cookware sold separately

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        WHat are the key differences? Should he cancel his order?

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack If I could get the original for less then the new price, I'd probably take the original for the diffuser storage rack alone...see a couple posts down for more info.

• Surly Viking
        Surly Viking commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. I did not notice that. It appears I am pre-ordering something. Since it is called the Kamado S6 and not available, it appears I am saving a hundred bucks ordering from Amazon vs Weber. I will keep the order in, as I can cancel if needed. Maybe I change it and just get the one without the table? Still, very happy they made some changes to drop the price.

What is the difference between the WSCG and the Kamado? They look pretty similar. Is this a Weber marketing ploy?

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        I think they got rid of the gas assist on the "Kamado" version and the bottom shelf and charcoal bin on the "Grilling Center" version. Otherwise yes, Weber is now calling them Kamados...which they should have all along.

Attjack Thunder77 On the 'Grilling Center', the differences that have been identified are the removal of the rack for storing the diffuser, the open vs solid shelf on the cart, and the deletion of the charcoal bin. I'm not aware of any additions that have been identified. The 'grill' model no longer has an ignitor and the bottom shelf has been tweaked. The biggest overall difference however is the new $300 (center) & $500 (grill) lower prices.

The new versions of the WSCG are now online at Weber.com though not able to be purchased yet. Pretty much inline with earlier predictions. $999 for cart-less model (ignitor removed), $1699 with cart and starter. Cart model loses charcoal bin and diffuser storage rack. The features list under specifications still has a stainless

Comment

• Surly Viking
        Surly Viking commented
        Editing a comment
        Changed my mind. Got the one with no table since I could order it now. MCS bad. I do not want to wait. Cold here in MN and I want the Kamado.
        Last edited by Surly Viking; November 23, 2020, 04:47 PM.

Here is a comparison: Looks like new wheels as well as what glitchy said. They no longer mention the diffuser plate in the new version. I would hope it comes with one but they no longer have the shelf for it on the bottom.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Old Glory; November 23, 2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Surly Viking
        Surly Viking commented
        Editing a comment
        It appears they both still come with the diffuser plate.

Update. Since the $999 version is now available on the Weber site, I cancelled the order on Amazon, and ordered direct from Weber. I guess I will buy a table next summer. Hope to be using this very soon. I am glad they removed the propane starter and dropped the price under 1k. Now it is right in line with the Eggs/Kamado Joe's. and lighter and less likely for me to break. Merry Christmas to Me!

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a great grill good luck with it!

Looks like the new one has a different diffuser plate. Doesn't appear to be hinged or insulated. If true, glad I got the original but doubt I would notice much difference while cooking (i just like extras)

Last edited by aucivil; November 23, 2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Surly Viking
        Surly Viking commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sure they cut costs where they could. I know going from spending 2k on one in the spring to 1k now made the wife very happy.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        That's actually not what I expected, if they changed it I expected it to be the same diffuser as the Master Touch Premium.

Surly Viking I would have likely chosen the same thing for the same reason.

• 70monte
        70monte commented
        Editing a comment
        That diffuser doesn't look like it is as big as the original one. That one looks like a big downgrade compared to the original one.

I've had the original WSCGC for a few years now, and it is one sweet smoker and kettle grill. In kamado mode, it holds the temps rock solid. You're going to love it, Surly Viking . If you need any more convincing, you'll enjoy watching this Baby Back Maniac video:

Kathryn

Comment

• Surly Viking
        Surly Viking commented
        Editing a comment
        His videos are why I decided on this vs a Kamado Joe over a year ago. I just have just been waiting for either the price to drop or to find one on sale. I am really looking forward to this.

The table version has to happen for me in a few years.

Comment

My understanding is that the kamado model has sold well in Australia without the gas assist for some time. They supposedly have decided it would do well in the USA as well. I agree with the price now at a grand. I can gas assist with a propane torch for a whole lot less money! As far as a table goes, I bought a great folding stainless steel table, on wheels with casters from Home Depot for a little over $100, which I can store folded in the 4 inches of space between my upright freezer and side-by-side Ref/Freezer in my basement. Separate table may not look as cool but it is much more flexible in that I can use it with any cooker, etc. as well as the total investment is materially smaller.
        Last edited by Alabama Smoke; November 24, 2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried to find that SS table on the Home Depot site. No luck. Could you provide any guidance please? Thanks in advance.

Jfrosty27 I will try to find where I ordered it and get you a model number or something that you can use to find it.

Comment

Jfrosty27 I believe this is the one. From Home Depot. honey can do Stainless Steel Work Table with Wheels - Bing

Comment

I found it, its a great table, but the price of steel has gone up!
          Attached Files

Comment

Glad I bought mine when I did. But at $175 or even $200, it would be a solid choice for its flexibility of usage, storage, as long as one actually uses it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here