Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creekstone Farms St Louis Wib Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creekstone Farms St Louis Wib Sale

Creekstone Farms has Duroc St Louis Spares on sale for ~$6.80 a pound - (4) 2.5-3lb slabs for $68.00. They also have duroc pork butts and loins, prime boneless strips and prime strip steaks on sale. I can the prime beef from my butcher and I have a couple of butts in the freezer so I passed, but the ribs are excellent IMO. Worth the mark up. I ordered - well, a bunch. My wife will be surprised lol.

I have never ordered meat online, but I am tempted to try those St. Louis spares. Any concerns with shipping delays?

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ordered from them a few months ago. Zero problems.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, klflowers I went ahead and jumped on that deal. Hopefully they're not so good that I get spoiled and form an expensive habit.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      You are in trouble. I did my last slab from them last month alongside a slab I picked up from Costco. No comparison. I should have documented it here, but I was busy with other stuff and didn't get around to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1E35EFFF-AF48-4E7C-88AA-04226E1BDBF1.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	918841 I've place an order for Duroc. Its still standing on all four legs so shipping isn't a concern for me at this time.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; October 2, 2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

They have a whole prime ribeye roast, 14-16 lbs, for $284. That's a deal for that quality. I ordered one.

Comment

Sold out already

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        There must be some mistake. I just ordered the 4-pack of St. Louis spares less than a minute ago.

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Steve R. ! I just tried again and they were available. Must have been a brief outage.

Thanks for the info! Ordered some ribs, pork butts, and the prime ribeye roast.

Comment

just went to there site and SOLD OUT! WOW i can taste those ribs.

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Next time. I am on their email list, and next time they go on sale I'll be sure and post it.

Well, ya had my attention at Wib Sale. I’m glad they’re sold out, cuz I have three full spares in de fweezer. Thanks fer the action & thought!

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought 8 racks. I told my wife I had bought some and when she asked how many, I realized I had a work meeting right that minute and left her without answering. I'll pay for that lol.

My ribs arrived right on schedule today, and everything was just as described. They went straight to the freezer until I can get a chance to cook them.

Comment

Mine arrived on schedule too, Steve R. they looked pretty good too. I had to go buy a freezer though - I pulled the old one out to clean it out and realized it was plugged in and turned on but warm... Luckily they shipped them frozen and with enough ice packs so that I could buy the freezer, let it sit per the recommendations to let the Freon settle, then plug it in and let it get cold - I put them in around 6 hours after receipt...

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            What kinda trouble you in now? First a bunch of wibs, then a new freezer? Might as well order that Grilla while you are already in the dog house

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            glitchy a couple more boxes arrived at the same time with her name on them so I avoided the dog house. She was on board with the freezer though - she wants to stock up to keep us out of stores in the near future. I am still working on the Grilla, hopefully by Xmas...

I went on immediately after this topic was posted and they were sold out. Darn!!

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            I ordered mine the day after it was posted. Gotta stick with it. Or maybe get on their email list.

So here are a couple of pics of the delivery. Really well packed, still frozen when I got them.

Name:	ribs1.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	921605

Name:	ribs4.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	921606Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs3.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	921608

Name:	ribs2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	921607

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh them's gonna be Soooo Good, Brother!!!

Did ya secret stash th other 3 racks?
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 9, 2020, 04:28 PM.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones, just couldn’t fit them in. I want some right now though lol

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too, Brother! Never tried me no Duroc...

Got a couple of racks thawing now, to be cooked on Saturday. I have high hopes.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I am going to take some out today to do on Saturday too. I think you will be pleased.

Wow those look Great. Enjoy!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here