Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant Depot still open to the public as of today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurant Depot still open to the public as of today

Ribs are hard to find this week locally, for some reason, so I made a run to RD today because they are always reliably stocked. Before I went, I remembered to print off my KCBS membership card and the flyer that you show at RD to get a free day pass. Turns out I didn't actually need it.

I ended up picking up not just the ribs, but also a couple of $1.30/lb butts and a "high choice" brisket. I'm guessing that means similar in quality to Certified Black Angus. It was just the right kind of floppy and had a nice, thick flat all the way to the end, so I went ahead and got it for $3.00/lb, which is a good price around here.
    Last edited by Steve R.; September 17, 2020, 02:25 PM.

They're website says you have to have a business license....

(Restaurant Depot is business-to-business only. To qualify for a free membership account, on your first visit you need to show a valid reseller's permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and show proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization. In the following states, you also need your FEIN: CT, IN, MA and PA.)
    Am missing something here?

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      That's their policy prior to COVID-19. Since a few months ago, they are temporarily open to the public just to keep product moving, since restaurants aren't buying as much.

Different locations have different quality. Our RD here in NE PA is disappointing, to say the least. There isn’t anything that I couldn’t buy better quality in the supermarket, for lower prices.

Comment

• Fire Chicken
      Fire Chicken commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep that in mind if I go in there.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you're right, from what I've heard. But maybe the best thing about RD is availability of stuff you can't even find at the grocery store. Earlier this year when meat disappeared from grocery stores, RD had about any cut you wanted, stacked to the ceiling.

Steve R. Appreciate your feedback! I'll go give them a try! Thanks again..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here