Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered some shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered some shrimp

All the talk about sea food on the Podcast the other night got me hungry. We love shrimp so I just ordered some whole frozen shrimp. This looked to be a good deal. Going to be making lots of shrimp and stock up.

This is Louisiana direct as well. My parents drove up directly from southwest Louisiana.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1599414383884583779665.jpg Views:	2 Size:	635.2 KB ID:	906579

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet, looks delicious. Lets us know what you make please.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      ofelles today fried, butterflied.

Don't throw those heads away. Save them for the stock pot

Comment

Now if I can only figure out what to do with 20 lbs of shrimp! Pretty good pricing though.

Comment

Let us know what you think of them when they arrive. I'd like to hear if it is a single 20 lb blockof shrimp frozen together or can you separate easily?

And as BFlynn said, don't throw away those heads! In addition to shrimp stock, you can boil them and then cook pasta in the water when making seafood pasta for an extra boost of shrimp flavor.

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          From their website:

" The plate frozen shrimp packs are frozen in a box on a contact plate freezer. Portions can easily be separated without thawing entire box. Simply drop box onto table top and then remove frozen shrimp individually. Also, the shrimp can be thawed from edge under cold water. Desired amount of shrimp will release easily and remainder can be kept frozen."

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          What he said. And yes I bought them head on for that reason 😁

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info!

That's a great deal. About half the price of frozen gulf shrimp at Whole Foods. Now if I could find a damn chest freezer in stock....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here