Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEB has Hatch Chilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Forgot to answer that part of SavageSmoke 's question. I made salsa verde, I've added them to mac and cheese. Today I made biscuits and gravy, both with the peppers added.

There are several good recipes at this link - I have made several of them: https://www.thewickednoodle.com/50-f...chile-recipes/

• Randy-Phx
    commented on 's reply
    It doesn’t last long. My wife & I will wipe it out the day it’s made, or for breakfast the next day. This batch is about gone.

• Randy-Phx
    replied
    I use them in pico, jerky, hamburgers, salsa verde, just about anything.
    They can be really hot but the flavor is just so dang good. They’re addictive.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    SavageSmoke They will taste similar to an Anaheim pepper (Anaheims originated from seeds transported from New Mexico to California about 100 years ago) and different cultivars go from mild to extra hot. I order the hot ones. Not as hot as jalapenos, never had the extra hot ones.

The soil and climate (terroir) of the Hatch Valley makes these peppers special (better flavor) and they are seasonal.
    Last edited by 58limited; August 23, 2020, 08:05 PM.

• SavageSmoke
    replied
    Never had Hatch chili’s. How do you use them? How hot are they?

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I bought fresh and roasted them myself. That pico looks great.

• Randy-Phx
    replied
    6 medium - large Roma tomatoes
    4 green onions
    4 hatch green Chile’s, extra hot
    2 cloves of garlic, pressed
    cilantro, about 1/3 of a bunch
    salt to taste
    everything is finely chopped
    😋 Very simple

Leave a comment:

• lonnie mac
    commented on 's reply
    Uh, this whole thread you have been posting in is about fresh hatch. Now give me your pico recipe!!

• Randy-Phx
    replied
    We only buy the extra hot. I made a batch of pico today. Nothing better than fresh extra hot hatch chili.
    Are the chilies you get fresh or processed?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Randy-Phx; August 23, 2020, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I could just start eating that pile as is. Love Hatch chilies. I still have 25 lbs green and 25lbs red coming from hatch-green-chili.com. Hopefully it will all last until next season but I just opened my last bag of the 10lbs of Charger chilies I ordered last month, I'm going through them pretty fast.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    I can send three down
    No return policy in effect

• Randy-Phx
    replied
    It’s chili roasting weekend at our house. We roasted 24 lbs today and netted 12 lbs of skinless stemless chili. We leave the seeds in. Tomorrow we have another 11 lbs to process.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    That is cheap enough to make shipping worth while, if I didn't already have a bunch I'd hit you up and send you an insulated container to fill.

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I wish our HEB had a roaster but roasting my own gave me an excuse to stand around outside drinking beer; as if I need an excuse for that

The Hatch blinker fluid is a game changer, my blinkers have never worked better.

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Yep, got my supply pre- roasted couple days ago. One thing positive to say about August.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here