Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilla Silverbac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilla Silverbac

Is on sale for 529, 120 off the regular price. They are introducing a new version that includes wi fi and are getting rid of the current version.

Get thee behind me satan!

Comment

I am a BIG fan of this cooker. If you don't care about WiFi now's the time to act. Heck even if you do since they're supposed to come out with a WiFi retro kit to add on to existing models last I heard.

Comment

Being somewhat close to the matter, I can confirm that wifi will be retrofitted with existing models.
        i can also confirm a special local price of $479 for local pickup....an even better deal!
        Get em while they last.

Comment

Im sooo tempted.....whats the difference in the original model vs the current? Just the wifi.....or the alpha smoke technology? I want max smoke....

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            The "Silverbac Alpha" has the alpha smoke mode, which means there's 2 modes- PID steadier temp mode and the standard more-smoke wider swing mode. What makes this unique is the more-smoke mode is available at any temp, not just the low temps as on many other brands.

Got mine on order ! I've always wanted to try a pellet cooker, and this looks like an opportune time to make the leap.

My original version PBC is getting really tired, the barrel is quite rusty. I think it's time to retire it. It's lived outside in the soggy Seattle area for almost 7 years, and I've gone thru 3 covers, but it still gets wet.

Comment

• BruceB
            BruceB commented
            Editing a comment
            and I got zero resistance from SWMBO. Must have been the prime aged ribeyes I did for her birthday dinner last week

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            But that PBC had a good run. Nice to see you back, @BruceB.

Kathryn

• BruceB
            BruceB commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc Thanks for the welcome back, Kathryn. Yes, the PBC has been "old reliable" and is still the master rib machine. However, I find myself using the Weber and SnS combo more, but it has space limitations.

marshall As Huskee mentioned, the Original Controller contains Grilla's patented Smoke technology. It essentially introduces a larger swing in temps but over time, averages to your set temp. Higher temps in the swing cook, and lower temps in the swing smoke. It's a timed algorithim. The new alpha controller also adds in PID technology into the same controller. You get two types. Mode 1 - PID, Mode 2 - Smoke Swing. Just remember to trust the cooker and don't sweat over the set temp. I see too many people complain that their grills are overshooting to 265° when the set temp is 250°....it's ok!!

As for the construction, the OSB has less stainless steel than the SBAlpha or Pro models.
          All in all, it's a rock solid machine and quite frankly, the bells and whistles aren't worth it at the newly lowered/discounted price! Plus, if you end up wanting wi-fi when in comes out late fall, you can upgragde to wi-fi at that time, and by default, the alpha/pid controller will be all one unit.

Let me know if you have any extra questions! I also take people to the showroom if they'd like.

Comment

• Dan Deter
            Dan Deter commented
            Editing a comment
            marshall there are probably 2 main reasons people clean out the hopper. Some like to change pellet mixes based on what they're smoking. The other (and to me more important reason) is if you are in a humid environment (or just plain rain or snow) pellets can absorb moisture and swell and no longer feed correctly, and then be a real pain to clean out. Clean out the hopper to store them in a dry place. If no dump, then need a vacuum to clean it out.

• BruceB
            BruceB commented
            Editing a comment
            BigCountryQ I didn't see anything on the Grilla site that showed the Original (on sale now) internals were not stainless. The assembly video shows all stainless. What are items like the firebox and heat deflector made of, and how long can they reasonably be expected to last?

• BruceB
            BruceB commented
            Editing a comment
            Upon unpacking the Silverbac today, the internal parts, grease tray, firebox, and heat diffuser ARE stainless. Makes me happy !

Does anyone know the difference between the "Pro" at $749 vs this one (the "Original"). From the picture, all I can see is the color of the handles on the drawer? Any other functional differences?

Comment

I emailed grilla customer support about the difference, here was there response

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200806-123858_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	891972

Comment

I’d be all over this deal if I had room in my garage.

Comment

I bought one. I'd been watching these for a while. Thanks for the tip on the sale.

Now, I have to pick a different grand prize if I win the "Great Giveaway"

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on this unit, never thought I'd waste the money on a pellet but this mcs is hard to curb

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I held the same feelings. I've found that certain meats and meals that don't benefit from extra rich smoke work well on pellets. Quick food like steak don't pick up much, but you can sense that there is some smoke. Things like nachos and pizzas come out awesome. Longer cooks like brisket still come out smokey, just not as rich as with charcoal/wood, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Pellet rigs are convenient though, more convenient that a gasser if you ask me.

• marshall
                  marshall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your gettin me excited Huskee just wish the dang thing would ship!

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think you will love it. Admittedly I do not have experience with other makers to make an experienced comparison, but the Grilla is well built and solid. It's a workhorse.

I would, but I have it on good authority (it came to me in a dream) that I will be able to select it this month as the grand prize winner... Huskee

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aww man...I read this too late...

• tstalafuse
                  tstalafuse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  and don't think for one second I didn't notice... You will have another opportunity to redeem yourself next month...

The Silverbac has landed !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Grilla Silverbac.jpg Views:	16 Size:	1.26 MB ID:	896249
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200814_153805.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	896374
                Last edited by BruceB; August 14, 2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• BruceB
                  BruceB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I ordered this on Aug 5th, shipped on the 7th, was scheduled to arrive yesterday, but took an extra day due to some weather in IL.

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some weather in IL? Surprised it didn’t end up in PA same day air instead of WA then.

• BruceB
                  BruceB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It shipped by XPO Logistics, so truck the whole way? Delay was in La Salle IL

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here