Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husky tool set deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husky tool set deal

Heads up pitmasters! I just scored Husky 432 piece tool set for $99. This deal may or may not be available near you. Check the internet for prices at stores in your area, if you see it offered then GO! Now. Right now. Click image for larger version

Name:	A49B7C60-69DE-48DD-B52E-C57FDA18B5AE.jpeg
Views:	394
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	884811

Yer gonna need a bigger tool box...

Comment

That's an awesome deal.

Comment

Where? Only place I saw was some dubious internet spot called rubcell.com

Comment

Score.
        Decent tools not Snap-on or Mac but will more than do the job.
        My son got a deal like that on a Craftsman set a few years ago, got him started as an auto mechanic.

Comment

• aladdin4d
          aladdin4d commented
          Editing a comment
          $99.00 and Snap-On Set are mutually exclusive terms.

Where did u get it?

Comment

Learning more about this deal. It seems to be regional and only with the lower performing stores in a given region. On the Home Depot website try changing the store your shopping to others within the range you're willing to drive and see if the price drops to $99

Comment

Guess that’s a good deal if you don’t already have 30k plus in Snap On and Craftsmen and other assorted tools.
            I will say that Snap On is way over priced. And Craftsman and Husky are pretty decent.
            I know. I have all of the above and than some.

Comment

• aladdin4d
              aladdin4d commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here and I've used even more. Over the years I've learned the best tools in the world bar none are whatever you happen to have on you or in your vehicle when you're in a jam and 30 miles from the nearest store or tool truck.

I got my deal in Miami Fl.

just throwing it out there. An incredible deal IF to you can get if. If not, just wait for the next deal.

Comment

That does look like a super sweet deal, heck the wrenches alone with the regular and ratcheting are probably worth $99. However, I need more tools about as much as I need another grill. Hopefully others can score the deal.

Comment

• aladdin4d
                aladdin4d commented
                Editing a comment
                So you'll be picking up more tools soon then?

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                No! I have many addictions, but I’ve tempered the tool collection one. It is less justifiable since it doesn’t feed us. I do get a lot of leeway in the cooking department since my much better half does not like to cook at all. She makes about 5 things well to give me an occasional break and has a few takeout place on speed dial ;-)

MTS?

Comment

• aladdin4d
                aladdin4d commented
                Editing a comment
                Well you need something to help assemble MCS acquisitions.

I think Husky and anything similar is purdy dern cool.

Comment

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                Mercy "like" posted 😎

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                Too bad they don’t know how to spell correctly.

Found a 230 piece in my area for $99. The 432 piece is $399.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200723_014318.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	885002

Comment

Looks like a great deal for anyone who needs it. I bought a Craftsman set about 10 years ago which was more expensive but a great deal itself as it included most of what I see there plus a great deal more....caused me to have to buy a rolling tool chest to hold it all but hey good tools will last a lifetime and can be handed down literally for generations if you don't lose them!

Comment

Ah, the stories that could be told. Screamin' deal on that tool set. And since I'm an enabler here's a suggestion for those that might need inspirational nudges. You say you already have a mishmash of similar tools you've accumulated over the years? Go buy this set now! You'll have a nice, organized, full set of tools. Then, find some young person who has an interest in things mechanical (they haven't been genetically engineered out of existence have they?) and gift him your old pieces to get him started. He may become that handyman you need when you're older and less able if nothing else.

Some of the commentary here brings a smile to my face. Years of playing with cars as a hobby show that the cars seem secondary to having an excuse to buy tools. When I first started out in that hobby all the tools I had (and could afford) fit in an old fishing tackle box Now I've got a 72x30 box that weighs over a ton loaded along with a variety of cabinets around the shop perimeter to hold power tools. Welders, presses, blast cabinets, hoists, etc................the MCS thing around here seems perfectly rational.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                    Uncle Bob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ComfortablyNumb I find that the easiest way to locate the missing component is to buy a replacement. Somehow it mysteriously reappears. The speed of that reappearance seems to be directly proportional to the amount of money or effort necessary to acquire the replacement.

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In addition to all the usual stuff, I've got more specialty luthiery tools than you can shake a stick at.

• Uncle Bob
                    Uncle Bob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're just stringin' us along now...........

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here