Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deal on Kingsford Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal on Kingsford Pellets

Home Depot is selling 20lb bags of Kingsford Pellets for $14.98, $5.00 off and I got free shipping. They didn’t carry it in my store.
    Attached Files

Does anyone know anything about Kingsford pellets? CandySueQ ?

Comment

This will be my first experience with these pellets. The reviews are good. I’m also relying on my experience with Kingsford’s excellent charcoal.

Comment

I didn’t know they made pellets

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder, so they char the Pellets, charcoal pellets?

From what I am reading, Kingsford has been selling pellets since the summer of 2018. What they are saying is that Kingsford is selling the pellets without filler wood like oak or Adler. The Pellets are made only of the wood on the bag. I only learned of them when I saw them in Publix a month or so ago.

Comment

• N227GB
          N227GB commented
          Editing a comment
          Publix has 20lb bags of cherry or hickory for $10.99 a bag right now through next Wednesday.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a couple bags of the classic blend. I have been exclusively using the Rec Tec blend with great success. But at this price, worth a try!

Comment

First cook with them today. I’m using the classic -oak, hickory & cherry. I’ll let you all know how it comes out.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have gone through 2 - 20lb bags of the Classic blend. I’ve cooked pork butt and ribs, chicken and tonight, beef (chuck roast). All were excellent. I have just started using the 36 inch Camp Chef Windwood. It seems to use more pellets than the 24, but that maybe do to size difference rather than the pellets.

Comment

I am now mid way through my second 20 lb bag of the classic blend. I like these a lot. Great flavor, seem to produce average ash, and burn rate is about the same as the Recteq brand I had been using. I will most likely keep on with these.

Comment

I need to edit my last post (above) on this topic. While I like the flavor, burn rate, and price, I discovered the ash left behind is way more than I realized. When I left the post above, I had not cleaned the burn pot since I had began using them. I did that yesterday, which was about the interval as usual, and when I removed the drip pan I found a huge amount of ash. I mean huge. Way, way more than what’s left behind by the Recteq brand I had been using previously. Easily vacuumed out of course. But if I continue to use these pellets, I will certainly need to clean out the ash more often.

Comment

Another update: I was cooking over the last couple days using up these pellets already in the hopper. The dust/ash was collecting on the cooking grates and starting to get on the food. Just a week and 3 cooks since the last cleaning. A real bummer. Still about 10 lbs in the hopper. So today I cleaned everything inside the cooker, again an enormous amount of dust/ash, and removed all the remaining pellets from the hopper. Won’t be using these again. Reloaded with the previously used Recteq brand. Hoping things return to how they were before.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here