Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Weekend Only - $200 off the new Solo Stove Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Weekend Only - $200 off the new Solo Stove Grill

Greetings, all!

Solo Stove, the manufacturer of a unique, double-walled stainless steel, smokeless (or nearly so) series of fire pit products has just introduced their new grill, based on the same double-wall design.

The product is not expected to begin shipping until early September. But, for those who order the "Ultimate Bundle" now, they are offering $200 off. The Ultimate Bundle includes the grill with stand, the grill weather cover, a set of grill tools, and a "grill pack" that includes a package of "all natural" charcoal made with vegetable starch.

According to their web site, the grill can be used with standard charcoal or lump charcoal.

I'll be interested to see reviews on this design.

Happy Father's Day!

Roger
    Last edited by RogoTBull; June 19, 2020, 09:34 AM.

Heard good things about their fire pits.

Comment

Looks pretty cool that’s for sure.

Slow n sear coming soon?

Comment

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see a way to control air flow into the grill. I don't think "slow" anything is happening with this grill, unless I am missing something.

I agree that this doesn't appear to be aimed at "low and slow" cooking. The only air flow control I can see is the vent control on the lid. Based on that, I suspect a lot of the temperature control will be the amount of charcoal used. Their advertising seems to be focused on quick start, quick cook and quick clean-up.

But, looking at the dimensions it appears that the cooking grate is close to the size of the XL Big Green Egg (19-20" range.) If that is true, then using something like the KickAsh Basket Divider would allow loading charcoal on only 1/2 of the charcoal grate. With the convection airflow that they describe, it looks like this might be a good unit for 2-zone cooking, with a quick ramp-up on temperature on the coal side once the lid is removed, allowing for searing. I'm just speculating, of course, because I don't have accurate grate dimensions. But just looking at the images, it seems that there is a good amount of room on the charcoal grate to separate the coals.

Maybe HouseHomey is ahead of us with the slow-n-sear idea.

I can also see a set of GrillGrate's being used on this.
      Last edited by RogoTBull; June 19, 2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I've heard their fire pits are awesome, I would really like one, and my BIL got one last year at Xmas and says its great. Pretty sure $500 can buy a lot of other great cookers though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here