Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creekstone Farms - Boneless Prime Whole Ribeye Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creekstone Farms - Boneless Prime Whole Ribeye Sale

Marked down from $234 to $168. Qualifies for free shipping (over $150). Ships fresh, not frozen. They say they average 14-16 pounds. A 14-pounder would be $12 per pound.

https://www.creekstonefarms.com/coll...-supplies-last

Form the website:
    Prime full ribeyes are highly sought after at high-end restaurants around the world because of their delicious rich, beefy flavor and excellent marbling. We are making our USDA Prime full ribeyes available to ship directly to your home while supplies last. Each full primal is boneless and averages 14-16 lbs. It can be cooked whole as a prime ribeye roast or can be sliced into generously sized steaks. The trimmings also make great stew meat or kabobs. *While supplies last, limited quantities available. These do ship fresh and once received, roasts can be stored in the freezer until you are ready to cook or can be left in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and then cut into individual steaks or cooked whole as a roast.

I saw that and would love to take advantage. However, I recently had to toss 2 shipments of butts because they arrived way over 40 degrees. After the first shipment was bad, I tried to emphasize that they can't take an entire week in transit out here to the desert and survive the heat. The second shipment arrived the same way. I would have thought they would have taken some extra precautions like expedited delivery for the replacement shipment. I ended up getting a refund, but it sucked to throw away all those wonderful looking hunks of meat. This was just a month or so ago. I definitely wouldn't try it now as it's even hotter here now. Bummer!

So if anyone lives in a warm climate at least try and communicate with them about this possibility before ordering. Looks I'll have to wait until fall or winter to order anything from these guys.

Comment

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember reading those posts but couldn't remember who posted. Had my IR gun ready to go when my last short rib delivery arrived because of the issues you had posted about. They showed up still frozen so all was good.

I just checked and this deal is sold out. Bummer.

Comment

I checked immediately upon receiving the email and they were sold out.

I am not the biggest fan of Creekstone. Only ever ordered twice and likely won’t again.
      Last edited by HouseHomey; June 18, 2020, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        They were available when I checked, but I would have had to pay the sale price plus the cost of a new freezer to keep it so I had to pass.

I know a few people have had issues with them in the past. I have been very happy with my few orders from them so I'll keep using them until they give me a reason not too. Given the prices, I pretty much only order during their sales anyway, maybe once every 3-4 months.

• swartzster
        swartzster commented
        Editing a comment
        Why are you not a fan? I’ve ordered a couple of times, and was happy. What I don’t like is that they sent out an email promoting something that was already sold out

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        swartzster I don’t feel their products (Ribeyes and strips) were all that good.

Admittedly I’ve only ordered from BB, SRF, one other??? and a local company. I can’t compare to all the others out there and I know SRF pretty well.

Honestly though I wasn’t happy with the purchase.

sold out...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here