Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Bar N Wagyu 10% off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bar N Wagyu 10% off

A Bar N Ranch is in N. Texas. They supply wagyu to suppliers such as Regalis but also sell direct from their website. Enter the promo code EATBEEF for 10% off site wide. I just bought a tri tip (2-3 lbs), skirt steak (2 lbs), and flat iron steak (2 lbs) for $102.59 plus $25.00 shipping. Weights are average weights.

Nice.

Comment

Received my shipment today. The cuts I ordered (and advertised average weights) are listed above in my original post. Here is what I received:

1. Tri Tip - 2 lb 8 oz.
      2. Skirt Steak - 3 lb 12 oz
      3. Flatiron Steak 1 lb. 8.5 oz.
      Total weight 7 lb 12.5 oz.

Total cost $102.59 plus $25.00 shipping = $127.59. This comes out to be about $13.15/lb ($16.35/lb with shipping included in the calculation).

A Bar N Ranch has a set price for these cuts. I received 1.5 lb more skirt than their posted average weight but they didn't charge extra. I received 1/2 lb less on the flatiron but the extra skirt more than made up for this. I'm very happy with the order and pricing and I can't wait to cook some - I'm going to wait for my Rancho Gordo order. Premium beef deserves premium beans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3118.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	853645

Comment

Those tri-tips look like a real nice deal !! I may order a couple of those. Thanks for posting !!

Comment

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman It looks like it has about a 1/2" thick fat cap on the other side - not pictured.

58limited Just received my order from Bar N. Got a couple of tri-tips, what a disappointment. Will be calling them out on those, they were maybe a pound and a half each, look like small cuts of tenderloin. Also got a wagyu-cross brisket that looks excellent, so I guess I'm 50% happy. This is one reason I've had a moratorium on ordering meat, you just don't know what the heck you're getting half the time.

Comment

• grantgallagher
          grantgallagher commented
          Editing a comment
          Disappointing. I recently received my order from the above mentioned Regalis and i was very happy with it.

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn, sorry to hear about that. This was my first time ordering meat online and I was a little nervous as well but decided to go for it - guess I got lucky. Based on your experience, and others I've read on the web with various distributors, I decided that if I order again I'll call it in and talk with them directly about my expectations for my order.

Not to be a whiny puss but here's what I got after I weighed them. One tri-tip weighed 2#1oz (so barely qualified) and one that was the size of a softball (yea they tucked the tail around itself and shrunk wrapped it into a ball) that weighs 1#9oz.. Now their website says these should weigh between 2-3 pounds so I should have gotten at least 4, or as much as 6 pounds, not a little over 3.5 pounds. At $78 plus shipping, I figured to pay about $15.60/#, not too bad for American Wagyu. Instead I'm paying $21.66/#, too much for two little steaks.

Anyway, why am I venting to you guys? I wrote to them, if they're at all honest thy'll make it right monetarily I'm sure. The quality of the meat defiantly looks quite good regardless.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here