Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket $2.99/lb at Sobeys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket $2.99/lb at Sobeys.

Picked up 2 today as that is the limit. Might go back tomorro .

Dam, There are no Sobeys stores around here. That is a good Nova Scotian company too.

Comment

I’m jealous.... I just left Costco where prime briskets are $5.49/lb. I couldn’t bring myself to put one in my basket.

Comment

Yikes. Primes at Costco were $2.99/lb last year, yesterday I saw $6/lb for CHOICE at my local grocery (Homeland). Suckage.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, there`s a Sobeys just down 10th Line from me
          Rarely go there, they`re prices are usually at the top of the heap in these parts

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            You should watch the Sobeys fliers for sales on their Stirling Silver brand beef. AAA grade which you rarely find at grocery stores here. When the have their strips or rib eyes on sale, I'll call the one in Fenlon Falls and custom order a dozen or so cut to 2" thick. Always outstanding meat.

I guess this week i'm doing my shopping at Sobey's, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

OUT
            NADA
            ZILCH
            ZERO sold out, hoping for some on a trailer tonight or tomorrow
            STRIKE ONE
            Then I went to Canadian Tire looking for wood chips line ups around the building
            STRIKE TWO
            I better not do anything more today....

Comment

pkadare Thanks for the heads up! Heading to the one by me for opening tomorrow morning to try my luck.

Comment

A coworker got me two Choice for a $1.67/lb at Kroger in Louisiana. One 15+ and the other 18+.

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kind of a commute but at that price may be worth it.
                  Thing is you never ever see brisket advertised up here in the sticks.
                  Again I'll mention my sister in Dallas, she losses her mind when I tell her what I pay for brisket.
                  Most brisket up here is ground up into hamburger.
                  Anyway border still closed to its a moot point.
                  Calling Sobey's first thing in the morning, see what they have recieved

Rats! They got shorted on their delivery. He’s hoping they’ll get them tonight. Since I want full packers, he said to call tomorrow and see if they came in and they’ll put two aside for me.

Comment

Yeah same here they said they ordered 20 cases, got nothing so outta luck there, then my wife suggests going to Superstore and price match.
                  Huh....so I did got an 18lber was priced at $94 for $56.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here