Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever heard of or done business with grillburn.gg ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever heard of or done business with grillburn.gg ?

Well, I ran across this earlier today and must say that I am generally a believer in the adage that if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is. Anyway, take a look at the link. Have you had any dealings with this company? Comments and experiences would be welcome.

I think they may have a bridge to sell at those prices...

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thinking you are likely correct. Still wondering if anyone has done business with them (wherever they are).

Their return policy says, "The Sunglasses website is provided with an SSL encryption system to protect personal and payment data..." so it seems that it is a cut and paste from some other site so I think that you are wise to be wary.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha

Yeah.... Summit Charcoal Grilling Center for $139, and a WSM 22" for $99? Not legitimate for sure.

I would be very afraid to give my CC number to this website, as I am almost certain they will charge you more than you expect, and maybe steal your identity while they are at it!

I tried using the Internet Archive's Way Back Machine - which archives most websites on a monthly basis, to see when this page first showed up, and it didn't exist last month from what I can tell - I just added it to the archive by searching for it.

I wish this was legitimate, as I would snap up some really nice stuff!

Comment

• LDimick
      LDimick commented
      Editing a comment
      And they say that they can ship anywhere in the world in 3-5 days. Obviously they are not taking into account customs, etc.

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea, me too. Would love a Performer at the prices they quote. But hey I guess they can afford to be cheap if they don't have any associated costs of sale!

Tell you what - as part of community service to everyone here, I will place the first order. You guys send me your credit card numbers (DM, of course, just to be safe), I'll have everything shipped here so I can verify all parts are included, then do a few cooks to see if it is all in working order, and then I will post the review here. Everyone wins!

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Smart A**, LOL

Okay pknj. Here is a number to use from a 1980’s ad:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	28AE7B36-0D99-4B81-9E62-CD62583FB05F.png
Views:	378
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	839329

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Charles!

• pknj
      pknj commented
      Editing a comment
      "unquestioned credit" huh? Challenge accepted!

But they said "We are a professional and reliable online shopping center providing a variety of hot selling products at reasonable prices"

Comment

Had to look up where the .gq domain is... dunno what equatorial guinnea has as far as scam laws go

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
        Alabama Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I looked that up also.

Might be some Nigerian princes in exile. LOL.

Comment

Betting they would look more legitimate if they charged twice as much!

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          We had the same problem with our dog breed, scammers were taking pics of other people liters and charging 70% or more less, THEN the scammers got smart and only charging 20% less WAY more people out of money without a new furfriend in the household.

If the price of ANYTHING LISTED ON THE INTERNET seems too good to be true......it is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. imho

Comment

I sent the link to the real Weber people. See if they get shut down.

Comment

Just for Grins and Giggles, I attempted to contact the website I displayed earlier in the origin post. It cannot be located! Perhaps Weber got them shutdown????

Comment

My browser (Safari on a Mac) blocked it with a big red screen saying "Deceptive Website Warning".

Name:	Deceptive Website.png
Views:	281
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	842752
              Last edited by jfmorris; May 7, 2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
                JimLinebarger commented
                Editing a comment
                Same thing happened to me.

Name:	cKt713z.png
Views:	247
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	842748

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here