Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creekstone Farms Prime Bone-In Chuck Short Ribs - $20 Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creekstone Farms Prime Bone-In Chuck Short Ribs - $20 Off

It seems like Creekstone is putting something new on sale every few days. The latest sale is Chuck Shorties for $74 (usually $94).

From their site:
    This item ships frozen and cryovac packaged. Each package contains 2 full bone-in chuck short ribs with 4 bones per piece. The average weight of each piece is approximately 3-4 lbs. so each order contains approximately 6-8 lbs. of bone-in chuck short ribs.

Need to hit $100 for free shipping otherwise it's $15 to ship, so I ordered two packs.

Other current items on sale and in stock as of this post:
    Prime Brisket
    Prime Outside Skirts
    Prime Whole Ribeye
    Prime Whole Tenderloin
    Prime Strip Loin

Forgot the link: https://www.creekstonefarms.com/coll...uck-short-ribs

Comment

I have been, and still am, looking locally for beef bones with that much meat on them for over a year. They just don't exist in Utah. But I just can't bring my self to pay $11 (8 lbs w/ shipping) to almost $15 (6 lbs w/ shipping) a pound for beef ribs. Unfortunately, I'm not that skilled at producing killer ribs of any sort on my pellet smoker - YET! Maybe some day, but not right now.

Comment

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't blame you. Unfortunately, all of the short ribs that I find near me seem to cost about $10/pound anyway and usually don't look very good. I really like short ribs, so I don't mind doubling the order to avoid the shipping and wind up paying about the same per pound, maybe slightly more, for quality prime short ribs than what I would have to pay for choice short ribs, maybe CAB if I am lucky.

• dubob
        dubob commented
        Editing a comment
        Understood and concur - for you. I'm still a rookie at this smoking hobby and stand at least a 50/50 chance of getting it wrong. Getting it wrong on a $100 meat choice is too much for me to handle. And I don't live close enough to you to come over and see how it's supposed to be done right. 😁

Thanks for the heads up. Got the short ribs and some spares. I was going to order the St Louis cuts, but I watched this video by our guy Malcom Reed and saved $10.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here