Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS Elevated Grate Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS Elevated Grate Deal

I received an email today, below. just go to the site $44.99. Email link $34.99 for the nickle plated. Did not look at the SS. Put code in and down to $29.75 with 2 day free shipping. Don't know how I'll use it but ordered. MCS MSC MCS it never ends.

Quick update. I just went to the SS link and it $44.99. So I suspect when i went to the link directly and not through the email it took me to the SS. For the amount of time I'll use Nickle is fine.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

You get it all with the Elevated Cooking Grate: a larger cooking space AND more versatility to your grilling styles.
    • Add an additional 180 sq. in. of cooking capacity to your grill by creating a second level – perfect for another rack of ribs or more wings!
    • Place the Elevated Cooking Grate directly over the coals for a "Santa Maria-style" grilling experience. A great way to get ultra-crispy, super-juicy chicken without scorching!
    • Secure fit – rests behind the grate handle and on two pronged "feet" of the cooking grate crossbar.
    • Compatible with standard or hinged Weber 22″ cooking grates, the 22″ EasySpin grate, and 26″ cooking grates.
    Available in 304 stainless steel or nickel-plated finish!

Use coupon code ECG15 to take 15% off the Elevated Cooking Grate - Nickel Plated

Use coupon code ECG10 to take 10% off the Elevated Cooking Grate - Stainless Steel
    Last edited by RichieB; April 14, 2020, 04:15 PM.

Thank you very much. Now I have yet ANOTHER MCS purchase to explain to my CFO!

Comment

Just ordered two of the stainless.

Comment

It's handy to have. I use my elevated shelf more than I thought I would. For me it was a smart purchase.

Kathryn

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree

You will find yourself using the elevated grate more than you thought is my expectation.

I bought a Hovergrill, which is stainless, about 6 months before they came out with the SnS elevated grate. I use the Hovergrill a lot more than I expected to increase kettle capacity when I cook things like wings or blasphemy ribs on there. I do find I have to rotate stuff top to bottom about halfway through the cook so that everything comes out at the same time. My main complaint with the Hover grill is that the support legs run across the main grate, so if I put it on after the food is on the main grate, I gotta make sure I leave that path for the legs to run across - they solved this issue on the SnS Elevated grate, since it is supported just at the edge of the grate. I think the clearance of the SnS elevated grate is a little higher as well, which may make it easier to get beneath it with tongs to mess with food on the main grate, compared to the Hovergrill.

If the SnS Elevated grate had been out, I would have bought it, as it solves my two main complaints with the Hovergrill.

Comment

What I like about it is I can use the ECG and put the meat up where more heat is, thereby reducing the standard grate-level cookin temp from say 225 to 180 or so (but it's 225 up on the ECG). You can get a LOT more mileage from a load of coals doing it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
            You will find yourself using the elevated grate more than you thought is my expectation.

I bought a Hovergrill, which is stainless, about 6 months before they came out with the SnS elevated grate. I use the Hovergrill a lot more than I expected to increase kettle capacity when I cook things like wings or blasphemy ribs on there. I do find I have to rotate stuff top to bottom about halfway through the cook so that everything comes out at the same time. My main complaint with the Hover grill is that the support legs run across the main grate, so if I put it on after the food is on the main grate, I gotta make sure I leave that path for the legs to run across - they solved this issue on the SnS Elevated grate, since it is supported just at the edge of the grate. I think the clearance of the SnS elevated grate is a little higher as well, which may make it easier to get beneath it with tongs to mess with food on the main grate, compared to the Hovergrill.

If the SnS Elevated grate had been out, I would have bought it, as it solves my two main complaints with the Hovergrill.
            You hit the nail on the head, jfmorris . It's the well-thought-out design of all of the SnS products, plus their quality materials, that set them head and shoulders over similar grill and smoking offerings from other vendors, IMO. Even the smallest details are scrutinized for efficiency and simplicity of use. They're a great company.

Kathryn

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Well said Kathryn - they are a great company, with well thought out products. I can’t wait to see this new kettle they are coming out with.

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Ditto that, jfmorris . I'm already thinking about who I'm going to donate my existing 22" kettle to so I can get one.

Kathryn

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Kathryn, I doubt I will get rid of my Performer Deluxe until the bowl of the kettle burns or rusts through, but my son in law already knows he wants a 22" kettle + SnS next year, so this would be ideal for him. He has a dual-fuel Chargriller combo from Home Depot that is < 2 years old and already rusted up. He plans to limp along this summer, then toss it to the curb next year and go Weber all the way like me... I will steer him to the new SnS kettle for sure.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here