Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lodge 14" baking and pizza pan (griddle) $20 off on Amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lodge 14" baking and pizza pan (griddle) $20 off on Amazon Prime

Looks like a good deal; normally $60 but now $39.90. I just bought one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...247f3fca6459a4

I’m afraid this is some trickery by Amazon. I bought this maybe a month ago at a store around here for $40 and that’s their normal price. A quick search shows that’s what all the other big retailers are selling it for also. Sorry to rain on your parade but you will enjoy it!

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, thanks for the info. I haven't checked any retail sites but it is on the lodge website at $50.95, but is sold out.
      Last edited by 58limited; March 29, 2020, 06:49 PM.

I bought this from Amazon for $30.97 before tax last July, on sale for $10 off I think at the time.

I highly recommend this for pizza, even at $39.90, especially if no one else has it cheaper right now.

Comment

This is standard practice for Amazon - I see it all the time where they have a high list price and list a lower price that is usually available other places too.

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it Amazon or the listing entity/seller? This listing was placed my Lodge. Does Amazon go and change listings? I'm guessing that with the Amazon Prime free shipping, Lodge listed their $50.95 griddle at $60.00 to include shipping in the price.

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think it is just Amazon. Seems all retailers do that - I try not to buy anything at full retail price.

Well, it is still $10 off their website price with free shipping so I'm happy.
      Last edited by 58limited; March 29, 2020, 08:30 PM.

Comment

It's a dang good piece of CI; I LOVE mine.
        Hope ya enjoy it, brother!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks fer yer kind words, fellow Morris jfmorris!
          Andrrr Vortex CI smashburgers? Dayum, Great Idea, gotta say!
          Many thanks, Brothers!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 30, 2020, 09:54 AM.

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones No problem. Glad I actually get to help someone else out for a change. I’m still figuring out how much, more accurately how little, charcoal to use. First time I did it I filled the Vortex to the top. Those things cooked FAST!
          jfmorris So you must roll your crust out and then put it on the pan? I feel like I would burn my hands in 15 places trying to build a pizza on a 450 degree pan.
          Last edited by Andrrr; March 30, 2020, 09:39 AM.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Andrrr I roll the crust out on a well floured surface, to about the size of the pan, then drop it onto the pan when I pull it from the oven. Just touch the dough and NOT the metal and you will be ok. I use a spoon or back of an ice cream scoop to push the dough out to the edges, then sauce and build the pizza.

I have one and my wife uses it all the time when we need to make a mess of biscuits. I have never used it for pizza though.

Comment

I have not seen this but I will certainly add this to the list.

Comment

Nice addition, 58limited . It will serve you well.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here