Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bone In Ribeyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone In Ribeyes

If you live near a Fresh Market, and you are inclined to get out, the Fresh Market (at least in my area) has bone in ribeyes for $7.99 a pound. I plan on SV'g and searing a couple this afternoon; I'll post in the SUWYC spring edition when they are done.

I'm a sucker for bone-in ribeye. Thing is, we don't get them around here hardly ever. The last time I had one, it was from cutting up a standing rib roast. But I only kept one bone-in since I can get at least a couple more decent steaks from a roast by taking it off the ribs (and BBQ-ing them! Yum!)

Comment

Did some bone in ribeyes a couple days ago. I was at the store picking up a few last things on Monday and they had them for $6.99. If I am going to be stuck at home I at least need some good steaks to eat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200317_170913.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	817176

Name:	89499390_10157494489741997_6571297179741192192_o.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	817175

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I am talking about right there.

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look delicious. Those look to be my favorite rib steaks, cut closer to the shoulder. Smaller Eye, larger Cap and a bit of the Chuck. I got dibs on the middle steak 🥩

• JoeSousa
        JoeSousa commented
        Editing a comment
        TripleB That little circular complexus muscle is one of my favorites and it is only on the first or second cut from the shoulder. Out of about 15 in the meat case these were the three I picked just for that little bite. And the big caps of course.

Best steaks I've ever cooked have been tomahawk ribeyes.

Name:	IMG_2024.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	817221

Comment

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        Again, those look delicious. I have a Tomahawk Ribeye in the freezer waiting to be grilled. I grilled a couple of Cap steaks (not the pinwheel variety) last night. So good. Thanks for posting.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here