Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hudson Durable Goods- Professional Grade Apron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this Spinaker! Even after only 2 cooks on the Blackstone so far, I've managed to ruin a t-shirt and a hoodie. A bit more in the GWN @ $43.95 but still worth it! I almost ordered one from Under NY Sky until I noticed that the Under NY Sky was a tie up while the Hudson had snap clips in the back!

Comment

For those of you with clothes ruined by grease splatters, try some of this: Grandma's Secret Spot Remover:

Click image for larger version  Name:	4186QcE4TCL._AC_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	822879

It works great even on clothes that have been washed and dried a few times and still show grease spots. I seem to recall that Meathead recommends it over on the free side as well. I've been using it since my daughter was a wee one. When she grew up and got neater, I continued to use it for grease stains, among others.

It comes in a small bottle, but a little goes a long way. I've gotten stains out of it that Oxy Clean couldn't touch. The only thing I do differently is to wash the treated garment in hot water instead of the warm water cycle.

Kathryn

And P.S. Spinaker I put that apron in my Amazon cart for the next order. Thanks!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        This stuff is great!

I hope you enjoy the apron! I know you will.

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Just saw this fzxdoc thanks, I wear what I eat all the time!

Mine just arrived. Looks great, thanks Spinaker

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        How do you like it after having it for a while?

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it! When I remember to put it on. :-)

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I me too. I always forget in the summer. So HOT!

Dang, my purchase was so spontaneous I forgot I ordered that thing.

Edit- it shows arriving the 26 of April so good thing I forgot about it.

Comment

Looks nice - I put it on my list - it's $29.95 now. Any recommendation for adult bibs?

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It looks really nice. But frankly speaking, I would prefer something more stylish and brutal. In our family is such an order that my wife usually cooks all the food for everyday meals, but when we make a barbecue, meat/vegetables on grill in our yard with the friends it is my duty and responsibility. Unfortunately, I always get my clothes dirty and I would like to order some kind of male model of an apron. To tell the truth, I even thought maybe to take a set of aprons for couples that enjoy time cooking together, for him and for her. But likely that if we will wear aprons with pains and pictures our guests will laugh at us.
          Last edited by LiudwigXIX; August 28, 2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            It is durable and comfy to wear all day. And you cant beat the price.

Price went up a little since this was first posted - $29.95 on Amazon Prime. Available in three colors: Black, Burgandy, Gray.

Comment

I have one of these and the quality is very good.

Comment

I am notoriously famous with my wife for ruining ALL my good shirts and shorts by wearing them while manning the grill or smoker. So many shirts in my closet have grease or BBQ sauce stains. I try to grab those when cooking, but invariably don't think about it, and whatever I am wearing gets stained.

One of my daughters gave me an apron that says "Father of the Bride" on it, to wear for an engagement BBQ we hosted, and lately I try to make it a rule to grab that thing before I head outside to the grill. Its especially important with the flat top, as grease spatters can be a thing...

I'm bookmarking this one, for when I want a plain apron that doesn't say anything on it - they look very similar to the one I've got.

Comment

I've had mine for a year I think, and I think it is awesome. Easy to wear, lots of pockets for phone and thermometer and other things, durable, and looks good. My wife is also much happier now I don't ruin shirts with BBQ splatters and grease stains given the comprehensive coverage. Excellent purchase and value.

Edit: I actually have the waxed version which is stiffer and more resistant to stains. https://www.amazon.com/Hudson-Durabl.../dp/B071R16Y5N
                Last edited by STEbbq; August 26, 2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I got one of these for Christmas but rarely remember to put it on. Guess I am not an apron guy. It looks really cool though! Maybe I should hang it by my backdoor so I remember to use it.

Comment

• mnavarre
                    mnavarre commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine's actually hanging from one of the pot racks in the kitchen, in a very conspicuous spot that's almost in the way of accessing the pantry door.

I remember to put it on maybe 30% of the time. Great apron, though.

I put an apron on nearly every time I cook. But then I dress up every day with "good clothes" and want to keep them clean.

I switch the apron out after handling raw meat, like for deboning chicken, dry brining, injecting, etc. and put on a fresh one when the messy meat stuff is done.

So yeah, an apron or two is always hanging on a hook in the pantry ready to go.

Kathryn

Comment

I also always put an apron on and have for years...half the time I can't even eat without getting stuff on me, much less cook. Had a Coleman apron for years that I wore out. Now I have a Weber apron that is my main one and one from the NC State BBQ Camp that is my backup.

Comment

Spinaker Hudson came in. Freakn' love it!!!! Thank you!!

Comment

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You got it man. Glad you like it. I am still huge fan.

• pjlstrat
                        pjlstrat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Spinaker plan on getting a couple more!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here