Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Clad factory seconds sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All-Clad factory seconds sale

Another Black Friday All-Clad factory seconds sale

Will I pull the trigger this time?

Comment

^^^ The answer turned out the be yes and no. I'm always tempted to buy an All-Clad 12" frying pan and I thought maybe today is the day. However, they were sold out. But I've also been wanting to get some new grill baskets for my Blaze grill so, in the end, I pulled the trigger on that. It seemed like a good deal for $60 with free shipping. They're going to look great on the grill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3-piece_outdoor_1.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	771655

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack I purchased from this same type of sale a few months back, it took awhile for it to process. But, quantity could certainly be a factor. I want to say it took a few days to a week after I purchased, and then it was another 5 days to get it... (memory serving, but not always serving correctly, lol)
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; November 24, 2019, 03:29 PM.

• awfurman4
        awfurman4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just ordered the same set!

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like my fears were unfounded. My order has shipped. Can't wait to break them in.
        Last edited by Attjack; November 27, 2019, 01:54 PM.

I have things in my cart, I hope to forget I have a cart.

Comment

Well, I did not forget about my cart. As much as I wanted to follow Attjack 's lead on the grill items. I passed on those and picked up that 8 inch skillet and 1 qt sauce pan deal, that really was a good deal on thosel. I wanted a 12 inch skillet with lid, but there was not one on there. so I went over to amazon and picked one up. I kind of hope they message me and say that there are none left and have to cancel my order. HA!

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Richard Chrz I have and use both often. My wife loves grilled cheese sandwiches which fit perfectly in the skillet. And the 1qt is great for melting butter or any small amount of food (actually have 2)

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          ofelles It was a good deal. I hope this sale comes back again in 3-4 months, I would like to continue to buy a few items from this as the opportunity presents. I did go on amazon and buy the lid for that saucepan, Not sure I need a lid, but, if a pan can have a lid, I prefer to have the lid. The good thing about the All Clad so far is my wife (who really does not ever cook) but, she is hard on pans, and she so far will not use my all clad. So I ordered the 12 inch skillet with cover as well.

Cool. I have a whole flock of All-Clad cookware...and always recommend them when people ask for advice on "What should I get?/What's the best?"...to the point that I probably sound like a salesman.

Anyway...anything less than full retail is almost certainly a good deal. Haven't looked at the prices via that site, but I'm of the "If it's All-Clad, go for it" mindset. My faves being the 8 & 10" "fry" pans, the 3qt saucier, and very large sauté that I'm not even sure they still make. I also have a roasting pan, but quite honestly I think that's overkill for a roaster. Roasting doesn't really benefit from the multiple layers. (But it was on sale and I was weak. LOL)

Comment

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly, I have no idea. I've had my cookware for so many years now...and haven't really added anything for quite some time. When I got mine I think there was simply "All-Clad" without any variations.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Richard Chrz I have a few D5 pans. They are heavier than the rest because of the 5 instead of 3 layers. They hold heat better and distribute it slightly better. I will buy them if I can find them in the seconds site or on sale.

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I have made a would love to haves list for my wife to consider buying me. Quite a bit of All Clad on there, Also and I have indicated this is what I really want, a refurbished 6qt Kitchen aid pro mixer. That would be much better for me if she bought me that, vs me buying it. I have more All Clad and other so cool cooking tools and cookers then I did at the start of this year. and feel very fortunate for that. and even a bit of an idea on how to use them all in their very unique difference

I finallyy got my stuff and really like it. It makes me wonder why they're seconds.

Name:	20191205_190026.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	776216

Name:	20191205_190105.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	776215

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          ofelles I'll be back for some stovetop pans when the next seconds sale comes. Maybe I'll get some pots after that.

• DurhamBuckeye
          DurhamBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          When you buy seconds and can't tell what's wrong, that's usually a sign of high quality control standards at a company, which is to be expected with all clad.

Looks like you got a steal here.

I have a couple of Le Creuset dutch ovens that are factory seconds. One was a discontinued color and the other had the smallest bubble in the enamel on the outside of the lid. With both, I had to ask the folks at the outlet store why they were seconds. More than 10 years later, they are still top notch.
          Last edited by DurhamBuckeye; December 6, 2019, 09:45 AM.

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I have purchased 4 pans of varying design in the seconds sale, can not find a problem on them, purchased one at sale price not through them, no difference between them. I have pretty much committed at this point to finishing an entire set from them in the pans I want, which at this point not including the 3 you have in this photo. I could see myself getting another 6-7 pans plus lids.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here