Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bella - Electric Food Slicer - Stainless Steel $30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bella - Electric Food Slicer - Stainless Steel $30

Click image for larger version

Name:	818DDrXODIL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	760847

I think that's the same one I have. Fantastic deal, IMO, for $30. I think that's the same deal I scored last year from them as well, probably from you posting it.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question. If it can't cut bacon that would be a shame. Husky

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Who's Husky???

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      It worked didn't it? You showed up after I said it 😂

Attjack dude I’m running out of room in my kitchen with you on deal patrol lol. I really did need a meat slicer though so thanks

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Build an outdoor kitchen for overflow. Problem solved.

I'm suspect of steel quality at that price. I hate getting 'good deals' only to have minor surface rust 90 days into ownership.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosca the $ 12.00 cleaver we have, mine is showing surface pitting already.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is fine. I‘ve only used it a couple times, but I got no issues.

Well, this time I went for it. But it better do bacon! Huskee @jhapka

Comment

Mrs Mosca said I could get it if I kept it in the trunk of my car (it’s a counter space issue). I think that’s a fair deal, so I ordered it.

Comment

I'll measure mine. it did a brisket flat made into pastrami, but I have never done a belly for bacon yet.

Comment

I make it a rule not to buy a kitchen gadget that takes longer to clean up than the amount of time it gets used.
          \

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you ever smoked and hand sliced bacon? I have and the slicing part gets old quick. In fact it's kept me from smoking more bacon more often.

Well... I've been wanting a slicer and this is cheap enough that if it only lasts a few years that is fine. Plus then by the end of its life we'll know how often it got used and can justify a higher quality replacement.

Comment

• crazytown3
            crazytown3 commented
            Editing a comment
            That seems fair.

It is not long enough to do bacon unless you flip the guard up and freehand it or cut the bacon slab in half so it’s not so long.

Comment

• shify
            shify commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup. I got a meat slicer like this as a gift and there is not enough space in the guide to slice a full slice of bacon. Have to cut in half to get it to fit in the guide and be clear of the blade. Not ideal but better than slicing 9 lbs of bacon by hand.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm going to try to bend the bacon into a "c" shape.
            Last edited by Attjack; October 30, 2019, 08:50 PM.

• jhapka
            jhapka commented
            Editing a comment
            Attjack now you’re thinking outside the box. Let me know how that works. I’m going to try freehanding it using the clear plastic gripper instead of my hand by the blade.

Well, I got mine today and used it to thinly slice a pork tenderloin for Daeji Bulgogi. I'm not sure if was easier than hand slicing. The pork could have been colder either way. One thing for sure is this thing is cheap, lightweight, and small. Clean up was Iittle work for sure. You have to remove 3 screws to get the blade off. I'll add to my review as I use it more.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            I got mine yesterday too, didnt get a chance to use it but the blade comes off with a single turn via the center grip... Unless for cleaning you have to separate it from the gear? I was surprised how well built it feels for the price, I'm sure the cost savings are in the motor and the sliding mechanisms.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs Oh good, you're right. Mine did not pop off like I thought it would but indeed it does come off easily for cleaning.

So I ended up throwing this thing away today, it seems to only do good with nearly frozen meat and it was just more effort than a knife before even taking cleanup into consideration. Probably a good deal for peeps slicing tons of veggies and stuff, but I wanted it for meat. It doesn't cut consistant slices, and it jumps off the thickness setting often, and also likes to grab meat or not fully slice it then fling it around. Attjack you having any luck with yours?

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I have used it once to cut a London Broil for jerky. I didn't freeze the meat at all it did a good job at slicing. In fact I was just eating some of the jerky. So in my limited experience it wasn't bad.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder if I just got a bum unit then. It was extremely difficult to slide back to the starting position every slice and the clear plastic holder kept getting stuck which was part of my meat flinging woes.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, my slide operated fine. So maybe there was something up with yours?

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here