Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Plancha for Spirt 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Plancha for Spirt 300

Home Depot is having a clearance sale on the Weber Plancha for the Spirit 300. They are asking $64. Kind of tempted, but not sure I want to take care of another hunk of cast iron.
    Delicate foods require special care and a plancha provides just that. The glossy, porcelain-enameled surface is easy to clean and does not require seasoning. The cast-iron interior heats evenly and retains

Spacecase the Weber plancha is porcelain coated cast iron, so minimal maintenance should be needed. I.e. no seasoning required or worries about rust.

That said, I've got Grillgrates on all of my Weber gas grills, and cast iron skillets, and the Drip 'N Griddle as well, so don't see a need for a dedicated plancha like that. My son might like it for his Weber Spirit II E-310, but since he is fixing to put it in storage (my backyard!) while he moves into an apartment that doesn't allow grills, I don't think he wants one just to put it in storage for the next year or two.

Comment

• Spacecase
      Spacecase commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn’t realize that. That porcelain coating makes a big difference. Thanks for the information.

Spacecase , I have the cast iron griddle for the Spirit and got the grillgrates as well. They both are very useful. Not sure how the plancha compares to the griddle, but routing the grease is helpful. I have not used the grillgrates as a griddle yet, but they are a really good addition for the Spirit.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to forgo the plancha. I am thinking I will save that money and buy a set of GrillGrates when they have a sale. There is a lot of service left in my Spirit and the GrillGrates seem like they will be a good addition.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Good decision. You can also always put a cast iron skillet on top of your Spirit grates if you really need a solid cast iron surface to cook on. I've found the Grillgrates keep the inside of my grill much cleaner, and I have to do a deep cleaning much less often. And they let me cook in a lot of ways I couldn't before - and most importantly, prevent grease fires from burning up my chicken or burgers!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here