Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauce give away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauce give away.

My wife decided I needed to go back to the OBX, (Outer Banks of NC), while it is still warm. On the way, we pass the first place I remember ever having pulled pork. It's just West of a little town on US 460 named Waverly. My Dad and I stopped there in the early 70s - I still remember how good it was, (and still is). My wife has accepted that we're gonna stop there either on the way down or back, and she does love their fried chicken. Almost forgot - the place is named Cowling's.

Anyway, I bought a bottle of their BBQ sauce to give to one lucky Pit member via a number guess. But first, I need a volunteer to be the keeper of the number. The volunteer should be someone who doesn't like Q. Oh, wait. That might not work here... OK - not interested or someone outside the US who doesn't want to pay international shipping, (I'll cover the cost of US shipping).

So once I have someone to keep me honest, I'll set the number range for guessin'.

BTW - I think this sauce is a cross of Eastern and Western NC style sauces. It has a tomato base with a nice vinegary bite. And they do not ship, so no need to contact them if ya don't win.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20190913_202437[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	743189
    Last edited by RonB; September 13, 2019, 06:40 PM.

Reckon others have given their giveaway number to one of our Pit Mods, fer safekeepin, an integrity...iirc, Huskee has done so, more than once...just a thought,; hadda share it, since I seem to so rarely have one, nowadays!

However ya decide to go about, I appreciate yer gesture of kindness, Amigo!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 13, 2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

RonB didn't you hear they just had a hurricane wash a way part of the outer banks. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        We just got back. They started lettin' people in Sun and we went down on Mon. Could not get to Avon yet though...

Let us know when the numbers should start rolling in! What a nice thing to do!

Comment

I love ya'll.

Comment

Who do submit my number to?

Comment

As a non participant I'll gladly hold onto the #

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Great and thanks! PM comin' your way...

I’d like to buy a vowel please. Now. Now? Are we ready yet?

I like sauce.

Comment

Heading to OBX in a few weeks, but alas my route misses this. Lucky me, am moving to central VA so will hit it next time!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CM7I1455-Edit.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	743980 Hey Pequod - PM me if ya want to go see the bears:
              Last edited by RonB; September 15, 2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here