Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBB Labor Day Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBB Labor Day Sale

Kingsford on sale at Home Depot! Click image for larger version

Name:	788E6007-3016-4083-871E-D485621A9B66.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	736255

Still sad that the usual $9.98 18.6lb 2 pack deal has been laid to rest. Getting an extra 2.8lbs for $5 more just doesn't make me feel as warm and fuzzy all over.

Comment

Last week they had a one day sale 2 x 20lb bags for 9.98 I only purchased 20 bags total. I need to build space in my garage for when deals like that come up again, and just buy my whole years worth. I had no idea I would ever go through this much charcoal. I am happy I am, but, no way I could afford to do it if not on sale at times.

Comment

Can never have too much charcoal. I'll be stopping on the way home tonight.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          interestingly enough, my wife actually saw the sale at Home Depot, and messaged me asking how many I want to buy. She is learning.

I need to check and see if Costco has the Kingsford Competition on sale for Labor Day.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used it for all types of cooking but normally save it for the poultry hot n fast stuff. Bobmcgahan

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bobmcgahan you don't find that using briquettes generates too much ash? i have only ever used lump in my Primo.

• Bobmcgahan
          Bobmcgahan commented
          Editing a comment
          It does generate a lot of ash but given that I still have briquettes that have not been burned down all the way after 20 hours, I'm ok with the trade-off. I've never tried to do a long low-and-slow smoke with lump. I saw Chris Lilly use the Kingsford Competition on the BGE and have used it with the Primo. Yeah, I know, he got paid to use it but it works for me.

Home Depot has that same deal up here in Canada which is unheard of.
        Although Royal Oak is still priced better at Canadian Tire and Walmart.

Comment

I have so much charcoal from the last sale that I have it stored in trash bags, inside storage bins, under the deck. I’d actually forgotten about it all, and rediscovered it about a month ago; thought, “Hmmmm, I think I know what’s in there,’ and sure enough, 6 more bags of charcoal and 3 bags of lump. I think I bought it at the end of summer 2017. I’ve been actually trying to waste it, using almost a full chimney for 3 hamburgers. But a full chimney gives me a better smash burger, the griddle gets hotter. Half a chimney, they aren’t as good.

Sigh. If you want the best, sometimes you gotta pay. Anyhow, I have enough charcoal to hold out until the mid-winter sale.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Mid-winter sale?

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            There’s usually one around New Years.

Last year and this winter I came across the best deals I've ever seen on charcoal. Last fall Walmart but Western lump on clearance - 30 pound bag for $6.95 I bought 6 and have 1 left. This winter I came across 14.5 pound bags of Embers briquettes on clearance for $1.90 per bag. Yes, that is not a typo. I purchased 11 bags and have 2 left.

Comment

Lowes here in Western Massachusetts has R.O. Classic 15.4# x 2 for $8. Normally $7 each. Might pick up a few.

Comment

Dang! Saw this too late. Might be able pick some up on 9/2. Thanks Hawker!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Where are you going now?

I saw the double 18.6 lb bags on Lowe’s website for $12 and in store for $14.50 and they honored the online price in store. Minor savings but it adds up

Comment

Still have plenty from last year, Mem Day or the 4th of 2018, but this is the last chance until Mem Day 2020....might grab a few packs. Thanks!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did put this in the correct topic? Yes? hehehhee

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HawkerXP No, this should've gone in sous vide, or maybe gas-powered can openers...

Our Lowe's here in Wichita has the same deal only for a dime less.

Comment

20 pound 2 packs were $14.98 here. 20 pound 2 packs of Embers were $9.98 here. I bought 2 KBB and 1 Embers.

Comment

• fracmeister
                    fracmeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    where? I didnt see any links come through

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    AT Home Depot fracmeister

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here