Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Joe's Bronco Drum Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma Joe's Bronco Drum Smoker

After I read the new review that was bragging about what a good deal this was for 299 I checked online. I checked online and Walmart has them on clearance for 184$ Well at that price, MCS has really kicked in. what a score

Great price, thank you for sharing!

Comment

If I didn't already have a PBC I'd be headed to Walmart right now.

Comment

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. The Bronco looks like a solid drum cooker.

Ack! speechless. pbc. pbc

Comment

I bought one the weekend before last in Walmart. Have run it twice and getting great results. Smoked & pulled half chickens last night were fantastic.

Comment

Took 15 minutes to unpack and about 45 to assemble. Surprising just how HEAVY this sucker is

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to gut it out to go down some stairs, bout took me down anyway.

• alion21
            alion21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Any seasoning tips?
            I'm going to put it together after work tonight.

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            They just suggest a burn in with half a basket of coals. They also suggest wiping the interior surfaces with vegetable oil after cleanup. I cooked porl belly burnt ends so right now there is plenty of oil. As soon as I get around to it I will wipe the stuff in there as I have another big cook for Sunday dinner. OK, just a 16 pound prime brisket and ribs. SO a small cook.

Every time I see one of these deals I jump on Walmart's website up here and have my hopes dashed....not available....
          I can however buy the cover for the not available smoker for $76.12....my hero....

Comment

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            especially since the cover is 34.99 on the manufacturer's website https://www.oklahomajoes.com/bronco-drum-smoker-cover

• alion21
            alion21 commented
            Editing a comment
            To search on walmart's site to show that it was available I had to select the individual store.  of the 8 stores around me it was available at 2 of them. 

@fracmeister: ​​​​​​​Thanks for posting this, this is my first post but I did end up buying this tonight.

• tenphases
            tenphases commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you try the brickseek Walmart inventory checker? It helps me a lot.

I am cooking 2 briskets. 6 racks of ribs, jalapeno poppers, sausages, grilled veggies and pork belly burnt ends. So it looks like a 3 smoker night! The Yoder, Weber and Oklahoma Joe all get filled up today. Out of an abundance of caution I smoked some bacon on it first (temperature errors not so important) after last night's burn in.

STATUS: OK Joe is holding 223F on my first setting and no adjustments. Stable for an hour. Taking this as a sign from heaven,
          Last edited by fracmeister; August 13, 2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

So have they fixed that issue with the smoke stack construction on these? I remember last year when it first came out, there was an issue when you assembled them, with alignment and fit of the two part stack, or maybe it was the inlet vent?

Comment

• fracmeister
              fracmeister commented
              Editing a comment
              I had no alignment problems with anything except I had to push down on the axle a bit to get it to go through both holes. Of course if my DAD had been assembling it he would have left the bits that hold the axles not fully tightened until after the axle was in place. He was clever like that

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              That was corrected early. It was the inlet.

My buddy has one and it's great!. There are more than a dozen in my area so I'm waiting for that drop to 125 and I'm going to snag a couple. One for me and one as a Christmas gift

Comment

Originally posted by tenphases View Post
              My buddy has one and it's great!. There are more than a dozen in my area so I'm waiting for that drop to 125 and I'm going to snag a couple. One for me and one as a Christmas gift
              125? You are a bargain hunter!

Comment

• tenphases
                tenphases commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't need it lol. I'm fighting the urge. I did the same at Aldi's and ended up buying 3 charbroil kamanders for 40$ apeice. They ended up being housewarming presents for my brothers who both got new places. The Kamanders are great btw

• tenphases
                tenphases commented
                Editing a comment
                Got it for $90 woohoo

Crispy skin, really juicy meat. I have to admit the "hanging" method resulted in a juicier bird than did the conventional smoker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3356.jpg
Views:	1036
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	734299

Attached Files

Comment

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                I used to always spatchcock or separate, but hanging them is just too easy and good.

• fracmeister
                fracmeister commented
                Editing a comment
                I spathcocked out of force of habit but left them together. I just like slicing them after spatchcocking as I cut them just like a turkey

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here