Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction: A Cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction: A Cookbook

The Kindle version is currently on sale at Amazon.com for $1.99

Added to my Library...Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the lead MBMorgan , got it.

Comment

Just got my copy. When you follow @Meathead's food science wisdom and apply it to Bobby's (or anyone else's) recipes they turn out much better.

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. Agreed.

Thanks, MB. I wouldn't buy this for regular price, but $2--hey, why not.

Comment

Shoot I have already bought it.

Comment

Just grabbed a copy. Well, the Apple Books version but it was the same price so why not?
            Thanks for the find.

Comment

Got it - thanks!

Comment

And I had a $5.00 e-book credit, so free cookbook!

Comment

Buying these things on kindle for a $1.99 is almost like buyin baseball cards as a kid for a nickel a pack.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup.
                    My Kindle is Purty Fat n Happy, with alla th great books been recommended here!

• VideoWolf88
                    VideoWolf88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    But you can't put your tablet or cookbooks in the spokes of your bike.

Thanks so much, MBMorgan for the tip. I just bought the iBook version for $1.99. surfdog , thanks for the idea to get it from Apple for the same price.

Perfect reading for the chronic insomniac.

Kathryn

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Got them for kindle on my apple IPad. Does that make me a reading maniac.

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup it does, FireMan . I haven't used Kindle on my iPad in a long time. I prefer iBooks nowadays, so it was good that Apple had it at the same price as Amazon.

K.

• surfdog
                    surfdog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh you’re welcome. I was quite happy to find it available on the native app. Same with Meathead’s book.
                    No fuss, no muss...and I ALWAYS have at least one iPad with me.

Bobby’s boom is REALLY well done on the iPad...for those on the fence.

How's the book?

Comment

• surfdog
                    surfdog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty decent so far...and laid out quite well, at least on the iBooks version...can’t see that being much different for other version though.

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
                  How's the book?
                  It's very much like a Steven Raichlen book ... lots of interesting recipes, lots of discussion about choosing your gear, lots of advice (much of it bad and/or debunked ... like not poking your food or else the juices will run out). Overall, it's well written (or at least well edited) and if you follow hoovarmin 's advice to combine best practices as known here in the Pit with Flay's recipe ideas, I think it's well worth the $1.99 price of admission.

Comment

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Enough said. I bought it. Thanks!

• hoovarmin
                    hoovarmin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Here, here! Raichlen, Flay and others have fantastic concepts, but without following the axiom's that Meathead teaches the recipes don't succeed as they could.

• surfdog
                    surfdog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nailed it.

Thank you for letting us know. I wouldn’t buy it, but it’s freaking Bobby Flay, and just a couple bucks, so what the heck.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, added to my growing Kindle cookbook library.

Comment

• hoovarmin
                      hoovarmin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      klflowers More Cookbook Syndrome is the other MCS

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here