Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercer Culinary Chef's Knife, 10 Inch, Ultimate White $8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received mine today and stabbed myself in the finger while washing it. Those bad boys are sharp!

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! I stabbed myself while using it. Not yet used to a longer chef's knife. Wicked sharp out of the package

• HandsomeDave
      HandsomeDave commented
      Editing a comment
      Thunder77 I think I had out of the package less then 30 seconds before I was bleeding. I was pretty impressed with myself!

I went to a game tonight and walked to a bar afterwards. I ordered a bowl of chili and some drinks and what did I see? The exact knife being used by the kitchen staff.

Comment

Had one delivered Saturday...now I just need to get there to check it out. LOL

Mr. Bones I generally use these

or these

depending on what I’m ordering...

Comment

My two have shipped. Due to be delivered on the 22nd.

I see you shiver with antici--- pation. -- Dr. Frank N. Furter

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        How do you do I
        see you've met my
        faithful
        handyman
        He's just a little brought down because
        When you knocked
        He thought you were the
        candyman
        Don't get strung out by the way I look
        Don't judge a book by it's cover
        I'm not much of a man
        by the light of day
        But by night I'm one hell of a lover...

Attjack , I'm kinda mad at you right now. You went and posted that, and of course I had to go buy another knife that I have to explain to the wife. I think I can get away with it though. Under 10 bucks? Bargain. I have a Mercer 10" bread knife, and we all love it.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I just had my Mercer Bread knife delivered this week.

There are nice! I like the feel of the handle. Haven’t used them yet, and it will be a while until I do. Going to keep them in the packaging for transport to the lake. But thanks again for these.

May any end up getting the holders for the three I bought. Not sure if I want these in and out of the knife block....

Attjack but thanks aga8n for the post

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I know these aren't high end knives but they are more than adequate. BTW, I use magnet strips for all my knife stations. They protect the edge and I think they look nice.

My two arrived yesterday, a week early!

Comment

Bought one, ordered 3 more for gifts. They are brutally sharp

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I ordered yet another as a gift after seeing your post.

Mine arrived the other day. Wicked sharp right out of the package. Nice knife, especially for 8 bucks!

Comment

I went with the more expensive 8" chef knife because I have been wanting a smaller chef's knife. I love it, the wife loves it so I will be thinking about purchasing some other flavor...maybe a boning knife.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I already had an 8" Mercer so the 10" was a great addition. I'm tempted to get a 12"

muchas gracias. picked one up.

Comment

Mine showed up today, have not used it other then to quick try it out on a tomato. It certainly arrives very sharp. more impressed at the weight of it, I was expecting a really off balance knife, and it does not seem to be. I look forward to using it more this weekend.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been impressed with my Mercer set so I wasn't surprised this knife was similar. They're lightweight but we'll balanced as you say so I orders a 12" to complete my Mercer chef knife trifecta.

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              I am hoping to get a 8 inch still, ( I was looking at the Victorinox fibrox, had really good ratings from test kitchen ( "their favorite" ) and I want to get a 6 inch chefs, maybe (probably) will look at the 12 inch as well. But, with my next purchase I will need to order a knife roll, it is becoming a necessity for organization purposes alone. But, now I have a 12 inch in my mind, thanks for that LOL

FINALLY got home long enough to check out this knife. (Leaving again for FL on Monday. Sheesh LOL)

Anyway...amazingly sharp out of the box. That’s a plus...and no complaints there.
            MUCH lighter than the forged knives I usually use, but that WAS expected. A plus for some, a negative for others. YMMV (I generally shy away from stamped knives. That’s just me. That said, I could purchase at least 15 of these for the price of my "workhorse " knife.)

Overall, not a bad knife to wield...and the price makes it a stoopid good bargain.
            So much so that I think I might order several more in this & other sizes...so that I won’t worry about them or get fast onset Tourette’s when a friend decides to "help." ;-)

Comment

I used it to cut a sweet potato into fries last night, and then this today. Really did a good job on the finer cutting of the parsley, oregano, and cilantro. I made that bowl that is in the final product. I need to get back to some clay classes now that I know what colors and size bowls I want for prep and serving.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty cool thing, I posted this on my instagram account and tagged them. They re-shared?? it

Attjack barelfly

I put the 7 piece roll in the Amazon cart I share with the wife awhile back, based on y’alls recommendations. They showed up today for my birthday.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Happy birthday.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here