Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercer Culinary Chef's Knife, 10 Inch, Ultimate White $8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercer Culinary Chef's Knife, 10 Inch, Ultimate White $8

Click image for larger version  Name:	81mbknmdlEL._SL1500_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.3 KB ID:	727182

Mercer Culinary makes great knives. I have their boning knife that I paid 8 bucks for and it is one of my favorite knives. You can't beat their quality for the price.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I just had a Mercer 10 inch bread knife delivered today. Hard to un-see this post.

I bought two. Thanks.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I went back for a second. I'll leave on at the cabin and the other will be in either the outdoor or indoor kitchen here. Hopefully, these are as good as my current Mercer 10" which is a good knife that I use all the time.

Got one on th way, fer a take to/leave at work knife...
    Thanks, Attjack

Comment

Thanks! Picked one up, along with a pairing and boning knife. These are headed for the lake house!

Comment

Mercer makes some great knives for the price.

Comment

That's dirt cheap. Looked at more of there stuff & $97 bucks for 7 knifes a honing steel with a carry roll. Is a hard deal to pass up.

My willpower is weakening by the second

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Do it!!!!

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            My girlfriend bought me a set of Mercer knives in a roll. To be honest I was a little disappointed because I thought I would have preferred a single high-end knife. However, I quickly came to appreciate and be grateful for the gift as that set of knives was exactly what I needed I just didn't know it. I always take that set with me when I travel and use the knives at home every day.

8" Chef on the way. Thank you Attjack for the heads up!

Comment

Got it coming, thanks. I'll replace the Victorinox in the block with this one - for some reason, I can't stop my wife from putting the knives in the metal dish drain edge down. I think she does it just cause she knows it irks me lol.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I've finally got the message through to my girlfriend that you need to avoid contact between blades and hard objects. We now both hand-wash and place the knives below the dish rack on the soft padding or immediately dry them and put them back on the magnet.

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Attjack, I have asked her to do this many times - we have a standard wood knife block right by the sink. With cloths hug right next to it. reach left, towels and block. Reach right, dish rack.

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thankfully, my wife does not cook, She hates it, and honestly, I don't like the few things she tries to cook, so, mostly, she does not touch most of our knives, but when she does, there is no love for how she treats anything in our kitchen. But, I figured the Knife roll can be told, Do not open! LOL

Sold!!

UPDATE: Knife arrived a couple days ago. Very nice. Substantial blade, good handle. I'm impressed, especially for the price.
            Last edited by Murdy; August 15, 2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Well, I took 13 things out of my cart, and bought this and a blade protector for it, also picked up a micro planer for the kitchen. I had my mind ready to buy the 8 inch Victorinox fibrox. But, it will wait for a few weeks or so. Getting to the point I have a new knife arriving every other week. lol

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                What did ya pick fer a blade protector, Richard? I'm lookin at alla th options right now...

That thing will last you forever. I had two I kept at 15° ( please no technicals) and they were awesome. Gave them away to dish guys who moved up to culinary prep. I think I have some similars still laying around.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a cold knife, must have to use gloves when using it.

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee Took me a minute but then I laughed. That was funny.

No wonder I couldn’t ever find them.

Couldn't resist at that price. Thanks for posting this deal

Comment

I just ordered both the 8" and the 10" so thanks for posting this! These will even ship to Canada, eh! $6.79 for shipping and $4.77 for duty. Still a great deal at $33.85 total!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's what I did, as well, ceptin free Prime ship, an no duty...

I got 2 knives delivered today and promptly ordered another. Incredible value at $8.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just going on record to say you are a bad influence! HA!

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ugh... I ordered one more. So 4 total.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here