Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A typical Facebook ad...scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A typical Facebook ad...scam?

So, I decided to test Facebook ads one more time...because the picture offers real bait! Paid $119 plus $15 shipping. Yes, it sounds too good to be true. The ad popped up again today...now $79. Really! Pellet feed with digital control, temp control, meat temp probe, 6" casters with two locking, 14 gage steel...from somewhere deep within China. I got my confirmation and tracking number...but no information has posted yet. I let myself get sucked into a different Facebook ad, that was a scam...I paid $39 for a machine generating an electro-magnetic glowing beam that restored metal surfaces to look like new, but wouldn't burn your hand. I'm starting to suspect they're faking video to show impossibly cool stuff. Anyway, IF I do get delivery, I'll offer a review.

My wife had to learn the hard way, almost every facebook ad is a Chinese company pushing a product. There will be hundreds of comments about how amazing that product is, but if you ask an oddball question the page or some of its followers will robotically answer. The good news is my wife has got all 3 junk things she bought.

The semi-bad news:

One came a year after she ordered it and 9 months after the credit card company had refunded our money. Wasn't worth the packaging it shipped in, but I guess it didn't cost us anything.

Another came and was a silver necklace, it was painted silver not real silver, the credit card couldn't help because the ad thing didn't say sterling or what grade, just said silver.

The last thing was a clothing item and it showed up within a month but I coulda sewed something similar for half the cost (I can't sew for jack)

Please be careful with social media ads on products, even on Amazon if it's made in China it likely has 20+ positive reviews (and the smart ones are now doing 4 star reviews with minor complaints but overall praise), very hard to spot.

Comment

Sorry guys, but we just went thru this same deal only it was $109 down from 248. pkadare had the post just 2 or 3 days ago. Maybe ya’ll need to get with Jim Doyle or JohnsBbQ & brush up on yer attendance. 🧐 🕶

Oh & it’s a Louisiana Grills product BTW.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. Attendance isn't mandatory....UNLESS your name is drawn as the winner...

This add has been discussed. If you look real close, you will see that the ad poster stole the image of a Louisiana brand cooker.

Comment

I'm all fer wishin ya th very best of luck, an I equally hope that ya don't git taken advantage of, by unscrupulous vermin.

Comment

The off-road fold-up Russian looking motorcycle for $150. The $100 off-road big knobby-tired electric bike...they sell one at the hunting store for $600.

Comment

Years ago eBay was like this where someone would just steal the picture from another listing and then post it for their own. Offering an item worth $300 for $50 Buy It Now. It was a rampant with archery and other hunting items, especially compound bows.

Comment

Same thing here in Argentina. Some clown has started making a crappy copy of a Horizon smoker and using their pics straight from the website to sell his clump of turd. I complained to Mercadolibre and advised Horizon Smokers but so far nothing. https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar..._JM?quantity=1

Comment

Are you guys hinting that my wife & I shouldn't sign papers on this oceanfront summer home?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arizona realtors.JPG
Views:	706
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	714770

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's that ocean front property in Arizona I've been bidding on.

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Arizona + Ocean front = $ down the drain

• gcdmd
                  gcdmd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wasn't that a George Strait song years ago?

If you really and truly provided credit card information I'd be on the phone with the card company right quick.

Comment

So, you're saying I'm not getting the three I ordered?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are, they're just being delivered every other decade.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here