Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kindling cracker on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindling cracker on sale

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...6883_200676883
    Click image for larger version  Name:	118995_2000x2000.jpg Views:	1 Size:	247.6 KB ID:	789485
    Last edited by Spinaker; January 10, 2020, 06:43 PM. Reason: Fixed the link. :)

Looks like a bad link, Does this one work: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...ndling-cracker

Thanks for the heads up, I've been wanting to get something like this and it seems like a pretty good deal with shipping included. I enjoy using a maul (occasionally), but when the pieces get small they can turn into some BA missiles when they're whacked.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; June 3, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      These are really handy, Mike.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought one on your recommendation and love it. Thank you.

Try this: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...7343_200647343

Great sale price!

Comment

I wouldn't trade my king-size for anything, very very useful tool.

Comment

Thanks for the extra links. Odd, I clicked on the one I posted to re-check and it worked.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Worked for me too earlier, doens't now.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...ndling+cracker works

Comment

I'm considering picking up an XL. I love the smaller one I have now, and it is always a conversation starter when I take it somewhere.

Comment

The XL is actually $10 cheaper than the original right now, and free shipping. Same deal on Amazon.

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have both and love them.

• PBCDad
              PBCDad commented
              Editing a comment
              tbob4 if you have the xl, what do you use the normal size one for? What's the advantage of having both?

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              PBCDad - I got the smaller one AND the bigger one from my wife and sister as Christmas presents last year. They forgot to coordinate. I actually use the larger one more often because I have some large splits. For kindling only, I use the smaller one.

Thanks for posting this, I just bought the XL off Amazon. I compared Amazon and Northern Tool: same price, same sales tax, shipping included on both. I already have one-click pay on Amazon so that's the site I bought from.

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              Part of what prompted me to post the latest link is I stumbled across an Amazon review I posted a couple of years ago calling out the seller of an exact replica knock-off version of this item. It was a piece of crap that looked like the last Kindling Cracker of the day on a Friday before everybody in the plant was getting laid off, but it was about $30 cheaper than the real thing. Hopefully, the real Kindling Cracker folks saw a little boost in sales as a result of the Pit peeps jumping on it.
              Last edited by Steve R.; January 13, 2020, 02:03 PM.

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              I just received my tracking info from Amazon. The listing on Amazon shows the seller to be "Kindling Cracker." It was shipped by Northern Tool so it should be the genuine article.

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              The knockoffs don't use the Kindling Cracker name, just the design. So I suppose they are patent violators and not counterfeiters.

These are great tools. I have one for our sauna and it makes it simple to get those thin pieces of wood that burn like crazy! It might seem a bit gimmicky but these things are really handy!!

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have had to use my rasp on mine because I have used them so much. Have yours stayed sharp?

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah for the most part. I can't really tell.....I use a 5 l.b hammer to split the wood into submission. LOL.

Seriously, most of the wood I am splitting is really dry and its ready to be split up. Most of the stuff I use for the sauna is standing dead elm and ash. So it splits easy regardless. tbob4

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              Sharp or not, easily split or not, I just use a bigger hammer if needed.

just grabbed one myself

Comment

I got one for Christmas but haven't taken it out of the box yet.

Comment

I recommend the Kindling Cracker too. Comes in handy.

Comment

I got the smaller one and that was a game changer...I occasionally need to split larger pieces so I got the XL also...love both of them...I even use the smaller one to split wood chunks that I buy if they are larger than I like to use...

Comment

• Steve R.
                    Steve R. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do this with wood chunks a lot. Just reach under the top ring and hold the chunk on the blade and tap lightly from above with the top of my hammer.

I take mine camping. Can't transport firewood in Minnesota. State Parks sell stuff that has been dried in a kiln to kill critters, but in my experience it still doesn't take off when starting a fire. I usually use my cracker to split an entire bundle, so I always get a fire going quickly for the entire trip. Beats a hatchet hands down.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here