Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anova Accessories Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anova Accessories Sale

Timing.... in lieu of the recent thread on containers.i know I said I'm good but that 16L price looks good.

Smooth, curved edges to help water circulate more efficiently and heat your water faster than any of the squared-off container competition.

I am in.

Comment

intriguing...I usually will be cooking for 2. Chuck roasts, pork butts, chickens, that sort of thing. Would it be better to get the 16L or the 12L?

Comment

• snowswamp
        snowswamp commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the 16L tub included in a kit I got at Costco. I rarely use it even with a family of four. I got a 12 qt (~11L) tub and it’s the main one I use for tri-tip, chicken, steaks, etc. However, the 16L will do 6 half racks of baby back ribs, which is awesome. Otherwise, it sits in the basement storing other rarely used cooking items I’ve collected over the years. I would go with the 12L for a smaller footprint, will do most of what you need, heat quicker, use less water, and be lighter to lift.

• SmokingSteve
        SmokingSteve commented
        Editing a comment
        I went ahead and ordered the 12 Liter. Should be here in around a week. Looking forward to figuring out sous vide.

I jumped on this sale beginning of January and grabbed the 16. I have used it numerous times since then for reheating(which at this point is all I have done with my anova 😳) and am not sorry I went with the larger. I am of the mindset that I have at times been bitten by the “wish I had bought the bigger one” problem.

Comment

Just purchased the 16L with free shipping. A good deal I could not pass up.

Comment

Have been thinking of getting my feet wet in sous vide for the first time, maybe this is the time. Anybody here use that Anova Nano? Recommended?

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
            WillTravelForFood commented
            Editing a comment
            The nano is NOT recommended if you are going to do super long baths in larger tubs, only because it is a lower wattage, if we recall correctly. Functionally, it’s the same as the other Anova products but isn’t as efficient. Someone can correct this info if it’s wrong

• WillTravelForFood
            Editing a comment
            Yup, Nano is a lower wattage… so as long as you’re looking for smaller baths, you’ll be ok. It also is only Bluetooth enabled (if that’s your thing) vs having Wi-Fi capability. We recall the original Anova was 800 watts. The Nano is 750, and the current standard model is 1000.

• BBillFleet
            BBillFleet commented
            Editing a comment
            I use the Nano regularly, and with a variety of Coleman coolers up to 40 quarts in size. It struggles a bit with the larger sizes when bringing it up to temperature, but I just add hot water to help it along until it’s in range. After that, it has no issues with holding the temperature consistently.

I also used the original Anova for many years, until one day it died. Now I have the Nano. I never use the Bluetooth on it.

Oh, and ping pong balls.

The tub arrives tomorrow. I took the last eye round out of the freezer. Once it arrives and home from picking up the new car, I'll get in the bath. I figure 24 to 36 hours.

Comment

I followed the link and there was a "give us your email for 50% off" and I did. Considering the mini. Thanks for the info above. 50 watts is not much. I suspect when using smaller containers the biggest difference is how long it takes to get up to speed?

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
              Editing a comment
              yes, the lower wattage would take longer to heat the water (and perhaps struggle to keep a larger bath at temp) vs the 1000w unit. If you're sticking with 5g or less of water -- the nano should be fine (if we read the Anova website correctly)

Tub arrived and eye round in at 128 for 30 hours. Mondays meals.

EDIT; 30 hour bath done. Worked great. No evaporation. Roast is in the ice, to be taken out of vacuum pack, seasoned and in fridge. I plan on searing it on the Spirit's sear station tomorrow evening. Pictures to follow.

Great investment, especially at 40% off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230204_150758.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	1372148
            Last edited by RichieB; February 5, 2023, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• RolfTaylor
              RolfTaylor commented
              Editing a comment
              Eye of Round is exactly what I picture as a perfect Sous Vide use. In my minds eye I can see getting them on sale. Cooking in the Sous Vide, then slicing into steaks and grilling (or frying). Have you done this before. How did you like the results?

• RichieB
              RichieB commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, this is my 2nd. Tonight I cut about a 3/4 inch slice. I'll slice up for roast beef sammich and a few other steaks. My S.I.L. benefits from my cooks. He will get a chunk to what for want he wants to do with.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here