Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam’s Club Offering $8.00 Memberships For New Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, PJ, you missed out on the best part. I signed up for a Sam’s MasterCard that gives me a 5% cash reward everywhere. That’s a lot better than the Costco Visa that’s been my main card for the last 5 years!

Our Sam’s felt just like Costco, in fact I might not be able to tell them apart if they took the signs down. Although they’re only three miles apart, another bonus is that Sam’s isn’t on the busiest road in the area…
    Last edited by Sid P; June 17, 2022, 12:40 PM. Reason: @Panhead John America Express Blue - well EXCUUUUSE ME! 😉

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John America Express Blue - well EXCUUUUSE ME!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Sid P Yep, it’s lonely at the top. 🙄😂
      Last edited by Panhead John; June 17, 2022, 01:15 PM.

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John You American Express people just hold the rest of us up. Last week I was in my local grocery store, and the old gal ahead of me couldn't get her card to work. After 5 or 10 times trying to make it work, she finally got out a different card. Got up to the pad to pay for my groceries and there's a sign on the counter, "Sorry, we can't take American Express." And what card was our dear friend trying to use? You got it.

Picked up some good looking T-Bones, in fact one of them was actually a Porterhouse. Also got some sockeye salmon, inside skirt steak for fajitas and a nice package of stew meat.. 👍

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC6CD99F-1F76-4895-B6A5-36930A24015C.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	1238190

Name:	58A36EC6-AFE8-4153-BE81-FEF94452FE98.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	1238189

Name:	022350E9-E258-454D-9E07-BF4F5917D49C.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	1238191

Name:	AF557392-208A-42F2-8DC4-1E84C900FCCB.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	1238192

Comment

There is a Sam's club about 5 minutes from our house and I joined today for $8.00. I'm still keeping my Costco membership. This Sam's is right next door to Walmart. After a quick look around, I not sure how much cheaper it really is but time will tell.

Comment

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had a Sam's Club membership for about 30 years. Never had a Costco, because there was never one anywhere close. Now one of my kids is close to both, so we may compare. But, back to Sam's Club prices. Some items you can get a great deal. Sometimes you can get an item for the same price, or even less, at WalMart, without needing to store 5 years worth. Some items they always have, but there are other items they only seem to carry while they get a good deal on them, then they disappear.

Since the price was right, I joined up at Sam's even though I already have a Costco membership.

I had browsed the local club webpage for the meat and was excited that they had some relatively uncommon cuts like Beef Cheeks, Prime packers, short ribs, and full chuck rolls available.

So, I signed up and ordered some beef cheeks for pickup the next day, and planned on making some barbacoa the following day. It took my order and charged the hold on my credit card for the expected cost. Right as the time to pick up the order rolls around, I get an email that they canceled my order.

So, I re-order and also add a chuck roll. Next day they canceled that order. I inquired with the staff, they said that it's always going to cancel my order if they don't have the item in stock within the physical store.

Why would they take the order if they don't have the item in stock and don't plan on bringing it in for me? I don't get it. Why list so many products on your website, available to order, if you have absolutely no intention of filling that order. Isn't Walmart supposed to be the most sophisticated logistics company in the world?

The app is significantly less than useless.

Bottom line is that I've become very un-gruntled about the whole experience and I'm thinking of asking for my $8 back.

YMMV, of course.

Edit: Adding what it looked like when I ordered it and the cancellation notice.

Attached Files
      Last edited by gboss; June 29, 2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting, I find the app very useful. When I use the app it clearly says Out Of Stock if it's out and I've never had orders cancelled liek that. I suspect it was an coincidental timing issue with your orders.

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John -- I've had that happen more than a few times with Amazon. I suspect they have multiple warehouses in the area and not everything ships from the same location.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know how all this stuff works, but I’m thinking they came from her local store. They didn’t use a delivery company, but individuals in their own private cars.

While I love Costco, I tend to stay away from their pre-cut meats.... most are mechanically tenderized.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here