Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prophets of Smoked Meat $1.99 Kindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prophets of Smoked Meat $1.99 Kindle

Reds Fan 5 recommended this one and is is $1.99 on the Kindle for me.

The AR team also loves it with a Gold rating.

Daniel Vaughn knows Texas barbecue so well that in 2013 Texas Monthly magazine hired the Dallas architect to write about the subject full time.

Thanks, that’s a no-brainer. Already ordered and downloaded.

Comment

I bought a copy long before I joined AR and I still think it is an enjoyable read. Go to the AR review in STEbbq 's post and you can link to the amazon page at the bottom of the review. AR gets credit for the sale.
      Last edited by 58limited; June 16, 2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Perfect timing! I was looking for something to read on my upcoming plane flight. Can't beat the price!

Comment

Thanks for the link. Ordered and downloaded. Will be my next read.

Comment

I am in.

Comment

If I didn’t have an autographed hard back version, I’d be all over this. It really is an excellent book.

Comment

Following up: A very good read. It does get repetitive with the same or similar descriptions for brisket, sausage, and ribs at every place but it is fun reading about when he hits a good place. Easily worth the $1.99 entry point though!
                Last edited by STEbbq; June 29, 2022, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I picked this up as well, and Amazon also recommended me Pat LaFrieda's bookMeat: Everything You Need to Know. I picked up a used dead tree version of that for cheap too!

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• STEbbq
                    STEbbq commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You find some super interesting meat/butcher books. Care to share a few favorites? Feel free to start a new thread.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here