Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault - crazy low price...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered mine on Amazon for $210. Checked back the next day and it was $399

Comment

Yeah, $99 was a stupidly good price. I wont break into mine for a bit since I'm off to buy ~8lb of pork belly to cure and then the SV will get baptized with that. Actually I'll probably do something like a chicken first just to get a feel for it but... mmm bacon

Comment

Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
        Yeah, $99 was a stupidly good price. I wont break into mine for a bit since I'm off to buy ~8lb of pork belly to cure and then the SV will get baptized with that. Actually I'll probably do something like a chicken first just to get a feel for it but... mmm bacon
        Pork belly would be a great way to christen it. I'm not going to be able to get into mine for a bit either...I have to make room for it on a middle-floor unit balcony on an old Boston triple decker, which already has a 3-burner CharBroil infrared grill, a 22" Weber kettle with a SnS, a PBC, and a Masterbuilt ThermoTemp XL propane. Good lord what's the matter with me? The SV will replace the Masterbuilt if it's as good (I really love the way it maintains temps). I really need to move. I need a bigger kitchen inside and out.

Comment

Just got mine assembled and fired it up.

Coupla dings in it, one in top right side of cook chamber makes it a little tight to get those upper racks in and out. I'll probably get the mallet out and see if I can straighten it out some, it's a little annoying.

Here's the monitoring of the official burn-in. Gonna throw on a bologna chunk in a bit to christen it, and I may put on a brisket to do overnight for tomorrow. We'll see how I feel.

Comment

• NoFatNoFlavor
            NoFatNoFlavor commented
            Editing a comment
            I've gotta get one of those fireboard temp monitors. On the wish list for so long now.

Damn! Sold Out

Comment

So, how are these for holding ovens? Can they be regulated down to about 170 +/- ?

Comment

Mine is currently on the lowest burner setting and I just filled the water pan, which brought it down about 20-30ºF, but it looks to be about 200ºF for lowest stable temp right now. I also threw some wood chunks in there, if those light up in a bit, it may go up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here