Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want a drum smoker? Bronco Pro on sale.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tempted (again), I looked, I resisted!

Comment

I didn't resist. I ordered an orange cooker. With the stipulation that I invest in some high temp black paint. She went along with me that while it's nice to have similar cookers at each place, it's also nice to not necessarily have identical cookers, for when they are all in one place some day.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Bogy I’m sorry you poor old pastor, you knew the rules when you signed up for this money sucking place! Don’t expect any sympathy from us!

[assembly required]

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        JohnPaul thanks for the link. That's what I hoped, I'll be able to paint it before putting it together.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, assembly required. Pretty easy, though.

One might consider getting a standard size OKJ Bronco with an oversized charcoal basket. I have that and it cooks very nicely. Here's an example: 32 hour cook on the Oklahoma Joe Bronco with the Beast Basket. - YouTube

Comment

• Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        For those unfamiliar the Bronco Pro fuel basket is twice the volume size of the standard Bronco, but it is the same diameter so fits directly on the ash pan with no modifications. That vid is over two years old and I believe that guy quit making them because the economics didn't work. He needed to charge $100 dollars or so to cover costs and the Pro basket from OKJ is only about $40.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a Hunsaker Vortex charcoal basket that I got for my WSM 22". Wondering if anyone has tried using this in a Bronco Pro?

• Mark The Q-er
        Mark The Q-er commented
        Editing a comment
        UB - Yeah he kind of quit youtube and quit all that smoke cooking for health reasons. He made a nice basket but he could only do two a day because each one took a lot of time. Yes, they were $100 each and very well made. I bought one and my buddy bought one as well. I wasn't aware the OKJ Pro basket is the same diameter. Thanks for the info!

Went back to the Amazon page this morning, and since last night the black version went up to $849, while the orange is still $540. They really want to get rid of those orange ones. Can show my wife, again, what a good deal we got.

Comment

• JohnPaul
        JohnPaul commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John No only 26. I held off on getting the green Weber just got the Yellow. So yeah loser.

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        For once my timing was impeccable. If I had waited 24 hours, now they are both $849. Saved $310.

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course there is the matter of the $800 rug I now have to let her get without complaining. I'll drown my sorrows in smoke.

Snoozers need not be loozers................Lowe's has the orange or black Pro on sale for $550, you'll have to add to cart to see the price and will need to have it shipped to your store of choice for no charge shipping. Don't know if they'll allow their usual military discount or not.
      Last edited by Uncle Bob; May 12, 2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        So I had an even better idea. Bought the one from Lowe's to be delivered to the store on May 23. Scheduled my return pickup by Amazon on the 25th. I'm going to send the still in the box Bronco to Amazon and start using my current one now. Everybody wins this way, I figure. They get a new in the box smoker, and I don't have to disassemble the Bronco and try to repack it in a box that is already cut apart.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve, all you had to do was ask Amazon to match the Lowes price and they probably would.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried that and Amazon customer service told me they don't offer price matches. Some sales rep you are, Panhead John.

I did jump on the Lowe's deal just in time, though. I looked again just now and it's back to full price again.
        Last edited by Steve R.; May 12, 2022, 09:14 PM.

I got kind of tired of Panhead John showing his post OKJ pics, so I figured i should share mine
      Click image for larger version

Name:	360_F_266332987_a9e6RwvD6ZkLfRrXgwqAm13m4kzmUtBv.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1220392

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        See Kevin! Some people didn’t believe me when I told them how much my body transformed after getting the Bronco. New slogan…..Buy a Bronco, Forget the Gym!

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        But Panhead John, I'm hoping for the really nice tan like klflowers has!

Bronco Pro was delivered today. At the vacation house. I unpacked it, but then headed home. Was telling my wife what I was going to need to do to prepare it to be painted. Her response was that maybe she was being a little unreasonable. We're going over tomorrow for a grandson's birthday party. (All the grandchildren want their birthdays celebrated at grampa & grandma's house.) Hoping when she sees it tomorrow she'll decide orange wouldn't be so bad and I can just put it together.

Comment

• DTro
        DTro commented
        Editing a comment
        Orange is such a happy color.

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        The Bronco is going to stay orange. My wife did say you guys are full of... blarney. LOL. Didn't have time to put it together today, too busy with Birthday celebrations.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Bogy Honestly, we are so glad you’re gonna leave it orange. I would really hate to see you have to spray paint that beautiful Bronco….😢

The only thing about the Bronco Pro is that I'm a little disappointed in the flimsy construction and lightweight metal they used.

Actually, as we were talking about it on the way home tonight my wife commented on how it was obviously very well built, and she could see why I got the PBC for taking to a contest, but also wanted the Bronco. And she didn't even try to lift it, she just watched as I set the top on the bottom to give her an idea of what it was going to look like. Can't wait to get it together and try it out.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Inquiring minds want to know…When will you be doing your first cook? And what will it be? And yes, I am a nosy bastard.

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        We'll be going to the vacation house a week from now, next Sunday. Probably do the first cook on Monday. Been telling my wife how good the Broncos are for chicken, so that may be the first cook.

Hello Bronco fans,
      For those who missed out on the great sale, today only, you can get a bronco Jr for $349+ a free cover for it! Now get ordering, it's only good today!

Comment

I found an orange one on sale for Fathers Day for a little over $500. I did have to pay shipping but still. Have assembled but have not yet cooked. Next weekend looks promising.

Comment

• Purc
        Purc commented
        Editing a comment
        Love my Bronco and you will too!

• tstalafuse
        tstalafuse commented
        Editing a comment
        Love my big orange cooker.

• Alan Brice
        Alan Brice commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah! You will develop a physique like the one above just luggin that anchor around!
        PBC 28lbs MT.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here