Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuisinart pellet smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuisinart pellet smoker

Cuisinart pellet smoker on Woot, $100 off (free shipping with Prime membership). Just $289, until sold out.

woot woot woot, does it slice and dice to? I smell a scam…..

Comment

I don't know... seems to me Woot is legit. This pellet grill sells for $399 on Amazon...

Want to find out more about Amazon’s Woot? Learn more about the online marketplace's discounts, shipping and deals from ConsumerAffairs.

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, I was kiddin’

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        woot is legit, but the website seemed off... but once you click on a clearance item through woot it does change the webaddress to sellout.woot.

• WillTravelForFood
        WillTravelForFood commented
        Editing a comment
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs as long as you're still on the woot.com domain, it's all good. They use different server domains (like "sellout") to manage and distribute website traffic.

Woot is owned by Amazon

Comment

Woot is a legit site owned by Amazon. They tend to sell clearance or slightly out of date items for a discount. Their primary tactic is to sell just one item a day, it about once a month they do a WootOff where they try to sell as many things as possible, one at a time, throughout the day.

They pride themselves on a rabid fan base and inexpensive discount deals.

they used to sell wine … picked up a few cases of some vineyard exclusives back in the day.

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          I would have totally done the wine deals too. Shame.

• WillTravelForFood
          WillTravelForFood commented
          Editing a comment
          Some of the estate wines they were selling for, let’s say, $15/bottle. Vivino has those same wines estimated at $55. Not saying those were in every Woot Wine purchase (they were mystery cases), but you were definitely getting value for the buy when you opened the box and found one or two of those in the set

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          So, how does one get the "woot" alerts?

smokenoob , for day to day stuff, just visit woot.com daily. Try to visit in the morning in case the one item they sell that day is super popular. It’s rare, but they do sometimes sell out of that one daily item.

for woot-offs, there are a number of things to try. They like to promote the Woot app, and use push notifications to alert you to what the next item up for sale happens to be.

the most popular items in a woot-off is the BAG OF CRAP, abbreviated BoC, which is a random grab bag of random things for $10. We’ve picked up a dozen or so BoC over the years and have gotten a few awesome or worthwhile things and a bunch of stuff we would never ever want. They aren’t kidding about the crap, but the fun is the suspense. Some people use an unopened BoC as their White Elephant Xmas gift contribution.

some of the winners we’ve gotten include cutting boards, knife sets, computer glasses, books, dvds, backpacks, and pumpkin lights. Losers include random light bulbs or other hardware things, kids stuff that looks abused and returned, computer accessories and iPhone cases for devices we dont have, etc.

Comment

Back to the cuisinart pellet smoker…. The reviews on Amazon all suggest they’re for the cuisinart electric smoker and not the pellet. Can’t find any reviews here on that unit.

I’m guessing it was quickly discontinued for some reason, although some random websites said it was in their list of decent pellets for under $400. Didnt click through those links to see the why.

Thinking that if you’re looking for a cheap entry into pellet, could you do worse?

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            3-4 years ago I picked up a Camp Chef SmokePro DLX for under $300 this time of year……I would pass on the Cuisinart and look for a known brand on sale this time of year

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know about this pellet cooker, but in general I've been very impressed with Cuisinart products and quality. Just sayin!

Woot is the real deal, just for anyone who doesn't know. I've been Wooting for years. Many years. I just looked at my account, in fact, it looks like I joined on Sept 17, 2004. I've bought from Woot literally dozens of times. Some of the items are cheap junk, but you often know this by looking at them. Now that they've been acquired by Amazon, they have a ton more stuff, and you can find most of their items there and do Amazon research.

Big Woot fan here, they're actually one of my Chrome browser startup pages.

Comment

Originally posted by tRidiot View Post
            Woot is the real deal, just for anyone who doesn't know. I've been Wooting for years. Many years. I just looked at my account, in fact, it looks like I joined on Sept 17, 2004. I've bought from Woot literally dozens of times. Some of the items are cheap junk, but you often know this by looking at them. Now that they've been acquired by Amazon, they have a ton more stuff, and you can find most of their items there and do Amazon research.

Big Woot fan here, they're actually one of my Chrome browser startup pages.
            Another long time woot! fan here!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here