Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Fal Deep Fryer deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Fal Deep Fryer deal

I've been eying this deep fryer for months and watched it go up from $109 to $120. Now it is $74 so I snagged one...

https://smile.amazon.com/FR8000-Bask...0NQ7QFGM&psc=1

Had my eye on that one for a while as well. Might need to pull the trigger at that price.

Comment

Nice, thanks for sharing! I just picked one up, it was the oil filter setup that finally sold me, plus, $74 bucks is a pretty good deal. I don't deep fry very often, but it will be convenient to have something like this.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy to share... now we can share results!

Well i just cluttered up my kitchen a little more, lol

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, at least at a good price!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm assessing the pantry for a spot right now.

That was the one I chose before deciding I don't really need a deep fryer but it's still tempting at that price.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't need one either... but I want one!

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      I deep fry a decent amount using a dutch oven and thermometer…this seems easier.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of the fried food I eat is when I'm eating out. So I deep fry infrequently using cast iron or dutch oven. What's most tempting is the oil filtration system on that thing.

Have had this in my "saved for later" cart for over a month. Don't know how much I will use it but it was delivered yesterday at the sale price.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Great deal!

I bought one last year. I use it all of the time, it’s awesome.

Comment

We use it for fried chicken, egg rolls, po’ boys, french fries, all kinds of things. The filtration system is great, and it’s easy enough to move around that I fry outside with it when the weathers nice so it doesn’t take up counter space or smell up the kitchen.
      Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Great avatar!!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Screw the fryer, look at those poboys !! YESSSSSSSSSSSS !!!

I received the T-Fal today... it looks robust. Weekend football snacks coming up!

Comment

I've had one for a couple of years. I really like it, the filtration system works quite well. You can use the oil over and over so you're not wasting as much. My only complaint is the capacity, it is rather limited. You have to fry things in small batches but other than that it's another appliance winner !!!

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds great... I'll mostly be frying for two, so hope capacity isn't an issue.

DANGIT!!! Knew I should have pulled the trigger yesterday. Back up to $120 today. Oh well, hopefully it will drop again in price before Christmas.

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, sad 😒... wouldn't it be easier if they just gave us all the same fair price instead of playing games with us! Hang in there 😣

For those who managed to snag the deal, I think this cover will fit... I ordered one, so we'll see... https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          I received the cover today...it fits with room to spare - enough oversize that I can wrap it under the feet to keep the wind from blowing it off when stored outside.

Soooo... here is my first cook in the new T-Fal deep fryer. Chicken Tenders https://www.mashed.com/332332/copyca...strips-recipe/. A good recipe - worked well!
        I'm very happy with the way the fryer performed. One note... be careful with the temperature control knob; without careful observation it appears symmetrical, but there is a small oval molded into one end of it to indicate the pointing end; I was working outside after dark and didn't notice, so my first batch was dropped into cold oil. It still came out OK after pulling it back up and heating the oil correctly. I enhanced that control knob pointer end with a silver sharpee so it won't happen again.
        Cleanup took a bit of time, but wasn't messy or hard. If this fryer lasts and performs like tonight, it will be a winner.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211205_192817.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.32 MB ID:	1137895
        Last edited by treesmacker; December 6, 2021, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          I see you went healthier than me with chicken. My first attempt was homemade french fries and my second was donuts. Both turned out great.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          I've done shrimp for our first po'boys and French fries, works as advertised and is pretty easy to clean. The oil recovery is pretty cool as well. Thanks for sharing this!

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Donw not really... french fries were included, but because there isn't a pic it really didn't happen! 😄

Thank goodness it is back to 130$ now. I would have grabbed it at 79!

Comment

i battered and some fried some fresh caught sea bass for fish and chips. came out great. one thing of note, the first couple of fillets i dropped in stuck to the basket due to the relatively low level of the max oil marking. I did find on the next batches if i just shake it around a bit when they are dropped in then they seemed to be fine.

as for clean up, the oil filtration worked as advertised and clean up was pretty easy since it all comes apart.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here