Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 cu ft chest freezer $170 at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Reading reviews for similar, most of these will do fine in regular conditions. Most 5cf freezers are around $200 and they're all made by a few companies. The $400 ones are, bluntly, a ripoff.

On garages etc - some claim they will. https://www.midea.com/us/Refrigerators/Chest-Freezers Whether they really will is always going to be a risk. I'd rather pay another $50 and get one that's rated to be garage ready if faced with that.
    Last edited by rickgregory; November 23, 2021, 12:28 PM.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    This would be my concern, would it stand up to life in a basement never mind garage.
    In somethings you get what you pay for.
    I use the buck a day ratio, at 170 your even, and 340 you've doubled your money at 510 tripled etc, and who know it could last thru 20 years of trouble free use.

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    My hesitation is that, of course, this is an inexpensive freezer. Will it stand up to the harsh conditions in a south Texas garage? If a freezer fails, I stand to loose $200 in meat. (Although, a freezer alarm with internet connectivity would mitigate that.)

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I see "easy-access defrost drain" this means you have to defrost it. Not self self defrosting.

Leave a comment:

• Andrrr
    commented on 's reply
    It stinks that they're so much more expensive but they are exponentially more convenient. I find that Best Buy's financing deals are the way to go for these purchases. Up to 24 months at times

• fzxdoc
    replied
    If I only had a side-by-side freezer like you do, Michael_in_TX , I'd snap that freezer up and use it only for meat. Plus I'd watch the Thermoworks sale and get a freezer thermometer with alarm for it. Sound like a plan?

Either way, let us know what you decide. I live vicariously through the MCS purchases on this site.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• johnsteen
    replied
    Thanks. Got one coming for the ranch.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Tempted - but I'm gonna hold out for an upright.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    started a topic 5 cu ft chest freezer $170 at Walmart

5 cu ft chest freezer $170 at Walmart

I am so tempted. I keep running out of freezer space in my side-by-side refrigerator, so I've missed some pork butts on sale.

Appears to be a Black Friday deal. (And coincidentally, available in black only.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	34608cc7-b73f-4fd8-98a0-9bc287cb6482.9038761cfb1c31bf4ff208dbe4b3682d.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1130087

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here