Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargazer CI sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargazer CI sale

30% for Veterans

15% for everyone else

I have a fair amount of CI. My workhorse sittin on my stove always is their first one, the 10”. NO ONE has a handle like the Stargazer. It is the game changer.

Comment

Has me a Stargazer 10.5", # 20 180305...

It's a Fine Cookin Mochine, from a guy who has upwards of a hunnert CI pieces to choose from...

Comment

Everytime I see someone in here using one I get a bit jealous.

Comment

They are great pans! I have the 12 and the 10. I love them. Awesome handles, as others have mentioned. Great smooth cooking surface too, right out of the box.

Comment

Am I correct that they only have 2 skillets, 10.5" and 12"?

Comment

Man, I wish they had a griddle. That 30% off for veterans is mighty generous, I just don't need a skillet even though what they have is WAY better than what I already own.

Comment

Damn you guys! Just ordered the 10.5” - got me 30% off.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
                  GolfGeezer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mr. Bones Yup, and I needed to setup an account with some site named Verify or something like that. I thought I already had an account, but no matter. Had to upload a scan of my DD-214.

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GolfGeezer Thanks, Brother: thought that's what I recalled, from past experience...

Effem, an feed em rice.

• GolfGeezer
                  GolfGeezer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bonesy, yeh I had to go through something similar when I signed up at military.com. They have links to the online PX stores for military/ex-military. Discounts are about 10% off regular sites, but with the regulars usually having coupons and such, not much savings using them.

I’ve got the 12. It is by far the best standard 12. Their finish is just satin enough to hold seasoning and the handle is really perfect.

Comment

I picked up a 10.5”. 6 week wait for a 12”.

Comment

I've got both sizes; they, along with my two Field skillets, are my favorites and I take them traveling when I do the AirBNB thing (usually find worn out stuff in the kitchen at those places).

They are my go-to skillets and, while I don't have 100 pieces like Mr. Bones , I have several hunnert pounds...
                    Last edited by 58limited; November 11, 2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

What about lids? Doesn't appear they have them. Any aftermarket lids work with these?

Comment

• bbqLuv
                        bbqLuv commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Please put a lid on it.

Thought some people would like to see what an extra $100 gets you…

Click image for larger version  Name:	D5E7B647-DE10-4D04-A8B0-687437FE0C80.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	1126881

They weigh about the same. The Stargazer is very smooth, but not as smooth as an old Griswold. I haven’ cooked on it yet, now that I’m on a fixed income I have to finish the leftovers before making something new (I got one more serving of chicken soup). I’ll make some eggs tomorrow.

Comment

• STEbbq
                        STEbbq commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So I should buy old Griswolds first eh? Good to know!

• Mosca
                        Mosca commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m not sure, this might smooth out as it seasons.

Very nice. I have yet to add a nice CI to my collection. Have some Lodge that I found at TJ Max on sale and then an Emeril and Pioner Woman brand CIs. Both are heavy as get out!

one of these day’s I’ll get a nice CI to go with the Smithey Farmhouse carbon steel pan I have. And by the looks of these Stargazers, this will be on the list with Finex.

thanks for sharing!

Comment

First cook. This is fried eggs, about 1T each of butter and olive oil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	181740F3-5095-4AD6-81F2-59A2AAF2055D.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	1127141

The instructions are very comprehensive, and state that it takes about 5 or 6 uses to fully develop a good non-stick layer. Another point that is stressed is to always let it heat up slowly, never going from cold directly to ripping hot. And, it is okay to use dish soap, but not okay to put it in the dishwasher (duh, but it’s a big world). (Also, bacon and other meats are BAD for a first cook; meats are highly acidic, and you should wait until the seasoning is built up. I didn’t know that, I would have cooked the heck out of all the bacon over the next week.)

So I’ll report back next week, let’s see how the coating builds up. I figure it will be making burgers by Sunday.

Comment

• Spinaker
                          Spinaker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you have sticking, you more than likely have too much heat or not enough oil. Just take your time on the first few cooks. And Oil is much better than butter. Butter has solids and water. My Stargazers are great, but just like anything worth doing, it takes a little patience. Go a little heavier with the oils and keep the heat lower. You do not need to chase heat with cast iron, once they are heat soaked, it takes very little BTUs to keep them hot.

• Mosca
                          Mosca commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I need butter in eggs! I think it will be fine. After the pan cooled down, I cleaned it with a sponge and did a maintenance seasoning per the instructions. I’ll do that for the next week. I’m confident it will be fine.

• RonB
                          RonB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Have you considered ghee instead of butter - at least till the pan is seasoned well?

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here