Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS is giving away Slow ‘n Sears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS is giving away Slow ‘n Sears?

I exaggerated a little, but $39.99 for the original is a darned good deal! https://snsgrills.com/collections/sl...ts/slow-n-sear

that's a seriously good price

Comment

I Traeger, so how would that work on a pellet grill?

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        1. Sell pellet grill
        2. Buy a kettle
        3. Buy SnS insert
        4. Switch to Coors Light beer
        You’re Welcome!

• Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqLuv If it’s a Traeger kettle it will work great.

I don't even have a kettle and I might buy one at that price (he says nefariously planning an excuse to get a kettle....)

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Richard, the SnS insert has a water reservoir in it also, helps keep temps down and moisture in the kettle, if needed.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead,I can put my own water pan in. No one that knows what they are doing is going to make better food because of a SnS vs. a cheaper charcoal set up, I also do not have a vortex, but, my skin gets crispy. I’m not opposed to people buying them, just can save you a bit of money.
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; November 10, 2021, 06:07 PM.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Chrzydmzty, In case you need reminding, this is AR. We help people SPEND their money, not save it. Geez, what are ya….new here? 🥸
        Last edited by Panhead John; November 10, 2021, 06:54 PM.

Great deal on a great product designed by smort people. Do you need it? No. But you also don't need a single cup coffee pod machine, a pellet grill, heated seats, smartphones, Google maps, etc. Some things exist to make you more happy and make life easier.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John They're just...smort.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Reckon one th smortest ones involved made ^^ this here ^^ post.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m trying to get smort

Just got my SNS Deluxe and the drip 'n Griddle cast iron unit - very pleased with the build quality, but too cold and wet lately to try it out. The griddle is STOUT.

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. Once it dries out, you'll be happy. The DnD is great. Very helpful as a drip pan, but as a griddle it's tops.

I don't know if any of you have an Instagram but each Thursday Slow 'N Sear does a trivia contest where the prize is a Slow 'n sear or a gift card. They are very easy questions like, "what are the two muscles of a brisket?" I doubt anyone here would have any trouble with that one.

Comment

• Eric2662
        Eric2662 commented
        Editing a comment
        Elton's BBQ Correct! You Win! 😂

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha, I would have said, the point and the flat!

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, they really could step up their quiz game. I'm pretty sure it's not Dave posting them there questions

That’s a good price. Would I be better off with that, or spending the extra $60 on the deluxe?

Comment

• Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        swartzster I have the stainless steel version for which I paid $89.99, but that was when the original was $69.99. This sale is so crazy good that I’d start with it.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I prefers th OG, w/o th bottom...imce, makes it easier to tunk th ashes out, durin a long low an slow...
        Had 1 deluxe, didn't like th bottom, give it away to an acolyte.

That's truly a Great Price, y'all!

If'n I didn't already have 4 OG, an 2 26"-ers, I'd be all up on this, like white on rice!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        And I only have 3. 1 is the original (I was the first person to buy one).

Thank you for the SnS sale info! It was the kick in the pants I’ve needed to add to my kettle arsenal. I have the original smokenator and I end up using that or the charcoal snake method about 50/50 for all my ribs/birds/pork shoulders but have read here about such good results with the SnS, I can’t wait to try it out!

Comment

• Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        Irishpete33 YW, you’ll love it.
        Last edited by Sid P; November 14, 2021, 01:52 PM.

• Irishpete33
        Irishpete33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sid P Can’t wait!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Smokenator works fine but the SnS just does it a little better.

Did this tri tip on my SnS last night.

Now my dad want one Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211113_195331.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	1125818 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211113_195851.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	1125819

Comment

Originally posted by Irishpete33 View Post
        Thank you for the SnS sale info! It was the kick in the pants I’ve needed to add to my kettle arsenal. I have the original smokenator and I end up using that or the charcoal snake method about 50/50 for all my ribs/birds/pork shoulders but have read here about such good results with the SnS, I can’t wait to try it out!
        I hate this site. At this price I FINALLY caved too.

Comment

I have a 22' and a 26', already have the sns for the 26' just ordered the original!

Comment

I bought 2 for Christmas presents. Came in really fast.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid ads, they are a curated selection of products we love.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

GrillGrates amplify heat, prevent flare-ups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. Click here for more about what makes these grates so special.

Big. Bold. Flavor.

Meathead's Amazing rubs and sauce

Introduce big, bold flavor to your BBQ and grilling creations thanks to the Meathead’s Amazing line of pork, red meat, and poultry rubs as well as a KC-style BBQ sauce. Click here to read more and to purchase.

Grilla Proves That Good Things Come In Small Packages

The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint of the Grilla Pellet Smoker makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, including on a condo patio. Click here for our review on this unique smoker.

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity. Couple that with high standards of design and workmanship and it’s a “must own.” Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review.