Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anova Sous Vide deal at Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anova Sous Vide deal at Costco

For Costco Members if interested... Anova Sous Vide kit on sale $50 off; $149.99 - Item #1463739

Fulfill your MCS

I ordered this, thanks for the heads up. Reviews on this seem to be mixed, but hey it's Costco so easy to return.

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
      WillTravelForFood commented
      Editing a comment
      Reviews seem mixed on the Costco kit or on the Anova stick itself?

I’ve been eyeing this for months! This might be the deal that finally gets me to pull the trigger!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Go for it. Although I don’t use my SV every day or every week even, when I need it/use it it is so great to have. It opens many cooking doors

• dubob
      dubob commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes - GO FOR IT! I use mine at least once a week. One of the best cooking utensils in my kitchen especially for tougher cuts of meat. 😁

What I like about the Costco kit is that it comes with a proper container. Much more convenient than the rig I have to slap together every time.

Comment

• Steak Snake
      Steak Snake commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a EVERIE lid that goes on a Rubbermaid Container from Amazon which makes for a setup quite like this. Should be around $35 for them together.

Looks like Sam's will have a similar deal with the Anova Nano and the same container for $99 coming next month.

Comment

Done! I’ve been looking into a sous vide for a while. I noticed Costco stocking up and figured a sale would come soon. Reading reviews, looking up costs, and what’s available for my price range, this is the kit for me.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	D204E932-C04F-45EA-8745-6305D5D36216.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	1116989

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Great... try some boneless skinless chicken breast for moist tender goodness! Another favoriteof mine is Tri-Tip, though the price for it is getting outrageous.

Just got mine. First thoughts -

As the reviews indicate, it does have a bit of a whine. Noticeable in the next room, its not bad but it’s there.

The water tank and lid are very well constructed, it appears, but be aware that if you fill it to the recommended point where the rack is underwater, it now weights around 35 lbs. I can pick it up to empty it, but the wife can’t.

The App works OK. No issues getting connected.

The App on an iPad does not rotate. Now I’m getting finicky, but it is annoying to have an iPad with a keyboard and the app won’t let you use it. I’m an IT guy with some pet peeves and this is one.

Have some 2” thick New York strips that I hope to do tomorrow, will report back.

Comment

For those still interested:
        • The COSTCO $159 package (save $40) is valid through 12/26. They've been out of stock recently in the warehouse, but are showing shipping availability in January for this item. Note: This is the 1000w Precision unit, if the website listing Item #1463739 is to be believed
        • The SAMS CLUB $99 package (save $50) is valid through 12/24. Shipping appears to be available, and your local store may have them on the shelf as well. Note that this is the "entry" level Nano unit, which is perfectly fine for smaller sessions/meals compared to its more powerful sibling.

Comment

• dubob
          dubob commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the Nano unit and it is very adequate for 1 or 2 people. Been using it 3 or 4 times a month now for two years. Best cooking device I've bought in the last 40 years.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here