Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hank's Rubs - store clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hank's Rubs - store clearance

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that I dropped the price on the two remaining rubs on Amazon, from 10.99 USD each to 6.99 USD each.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork_rub.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1116187

Pork Rub on Amazon

Click image for larger version

Name:	steak_rub.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1116188

Signature Rub on Amazon

As of this writing, there are currently 16 pork rubs and 8 steak rubs. Go get 'em!

The reason for this is that I've decided to no longer sell my products on Amazon. Long story short: it's been a fun ride, and I'm exceptionally proud to have created these products and been able to ship and sell them on Amazon, both in the US and in the UK.

But: all the fees (toll, shipping, storage) is just eating up all profit, so it's just not worth it. I'd rather focus on selling these in Sweden, and also focus all my time on building and shipping my own brand of offset smokers.

With that said: thank you all from the bottom of my heart for buying and using my rubs. I'm very grateful, and I hope you can find replacement rubs. God knows there's plenty other brands to choose from

I picked up 3. Thanks, man. Sorry to see you go, but I understand completely.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for understanding, enjoy the 3 rubs!

@HenrikThanks for the heads up. I just ordered 4 of each and will use for Christmas gifts. I'll save a couple of extras for myself, as I've really enjoyed them.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks wrgilb, great to hear!

Grabbed 2 of the pork and poultry just now. This will be my first time trying it. I'm probably setting myself up for frustration by no longer being able to buy it.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your business!

Henrik I can fully sympathize with this decision. I hate it, but understand. And just picked up 2 of the last 4 bottles of the KC Royale. I thought about buying all 4, but thought someone else might want some...

You've got me so hooked on the KC Royale and Steak seasoning that I may have to start mixing my own spices and trying to duplicate it...

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jim! Well, the ingredients are there on the label, you go man :-)

Thanks for the heads up! I got two and there were only two left.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!

Must be all gone, I tried looking and nothing then again I keep getting booted to the CDN site.
    Would have liked to try it but never managed to get my hands on a bottle.
    Completely understand your predicament, nobody likes to work for no reward.

Comment

Thanks for some delicious rubs! I was too late seeing this to grab more, but I have some pretty full bottles left in my pantry, so those are now definitely reserved for special occasions.

I need to run my rub inventory down a bit and then I'll try out Meathead's.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Yes, I'm keen on ordering some of those MH rubs, gotta be good!

Dang, your Bonafide Beef Rub was my favorite.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Mike, I know you really appreciated it. See if Harry Soo doesn't have a good alternative, he sure uses some interesting spices in his collection.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Or, you could be a palsey-walsey and PM the recipe. I'll sign a NDA if that sweetens the pot!

Boy everyone is is so fast. I was going to load up but they were all gone.☹️

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, dang it! Thanks for trying. Let's see if someone in the pit saves some for the upcoming Secret Santa thingy in December.

I see also I was too late.

Are the recipes included in your book, or is that also being pulled off Amazon? It might be good to buy the book if I can make my own Hank rubs.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        The rub recipes aren't in the book, if they were I'd have no business :-) And yes, pulled the book too.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah well! Good luck for the future!

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gee. Glad i got the book while I had the chance.

Nothing, nothing (with some dramatic piano music in background for extra effects) will ever replace your rubs. Oh Henrik, what are we to do? We shall lament the passing & fight on fer replacements! It was a good and noble ride, yessir. More power to yer cooker makin!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks FireMan! I'm a buildin' and a buildin', shipping 3 smokers tomorrow to happy owners.

and now I have to figure out how to create something like KC Royale all on my own Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	204
Size:	658 Bytes
ID:	1116211

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Eric, now there's even more motivation for you and the wife to book a ticket and come on over to Sweden for some good ole' 'cue :-)

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        If anyone could, it's you!! I eagerly await your results!!!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Henrik that is on our agenda. It might even happen next summer

Sorry that the shipping fees force you into a smaller market, but I fully understand. We haven’t heard as much from you in the Pit, so I suspect you have been building the cooker and rub market in Sweden.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, sorry about that. The smoker business is taking up a lot of my time, plus the YT channel, so I haven't had time to post as much as I did before. I still log in at least once a day though to see what y'all are up to!

All gone...........damn!
      If I apply for citizenship can I still get some?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds like a fair deal to me, got some rubs put aside here.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here