Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heritage Cheshire Pork Rib Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heritage Cheshire Pork Rib Sale

Cheshire Pork is running a flash sale through the end of October on several of their rib products. The big item they are hawking is two 3 rack packs of SLC's for half price. It's still not cheap - roughly $8/lb - but they have good meat so some of you might want to check it out. Here's the page:

Pretty good deal, I would say. I don't know how they compare in terms $/lb. to Creekstone Farms, but they are slightly cheaper per rack than when CF has their sales on SLC.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, they say the racks run 2.5-2.75 lbs each. You get 6 racks, so 15-16.5 lbs total for $125. So I am doing a "back of the envelope" guesstimate/average of about $8/lb.

Thank you for sharing this. I just reached out to my son-in-law to see if he wants to split the deal with me.

Comment

No food is cheap nowawdays, especially good meat. So a sale on good meat is a great thing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point! You're welcome.

I got some St Louis and baby backs ordered. I double checked Wild Fork and there rate seems to be the exact same. I've never tried Cheshire before. Any differences I need to know about prior to smoking?

Thanks!

Comment

• jpietrantone
        jpietrantone commented
        Editing a comment
        Mosca thanks! Definitely looking forward to them!

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't currently see Cheshire at Wild Fork, do they carry it from time to time? (They have Berkshire right now -- is that basically the same thing?)

• jpietrantone
        jpietrantone commented
        Editing a comment
        Murdy you are completely right! I got the 2 confused. I haven't had Berkshire either. I was comparing the Berkshire to the Cheshire prices. It'd be great to know the difference if someone has experience with both.

These are damn good ribs, large, meaty racks and very dark and sweet meat. Recommended.

Comment

You need to add $25 for shipping. I get free shipping from Wild Fork as an unlimited customer

Comment

no No NO! I will not buy anymore meat until I stop getting a waterfall of meat coming out of my freezer everytime I open it.

Comment

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            That waterfall just means you have to spend more time smoking and grilling. It has nothing to do with buying.

Mosca - while I liked them very much, they are not all "large, meaty racks." Here is the last package I cooked - both racks from the same cryovac package.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211009_000017723-01.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	1110390 ​​​​​​
          Aside from carefully removing the chine bone from each, and trimming the flap from the boney side, I didn't do anything else to them. The smaller one was really small - short and narrow. At first I thought it was an SLC, but it wasn't. It was also considerably thinner from to to bottom and less meaty than the one shown on the bottom. The result was that the smaller one got a bit overcooked. For a true comparison, you should know that I trimmed off the last bone from the narrow, pointy end of the larger rack so it was actually another few inches longer than it appears in there pic.

The first pack I cooked wasn't like that.

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            That stinks. I got six of the largest racks I've ever seen, after trimming.

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            That said, I would but from them again. The meat is very good.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here