Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone Adventure Ready 17" Tabletop Outdoor Griddle $84 at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone Adventure Ready 17" Tabletop Outdoor Griddle $84 at Walmart

Personally, I would rather buy the 22" version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bcee2a31-9300-4549-a2f4-529d9eeea6ed_1.84dfb08d4a0b1a62e7be8c582ded6d71.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1082417

That's the one I have. This is a great deal.

Comment

FYI I ordered that propane valve for my gasser you had posted a few weeks ago. Body of the valve is fairly heavy brass so no issue but the gage is about the size of a nickel. Regardless it works pretty well and makes running out of propane on me now

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope it works for you. The discussion on that thread made me think it probably won't though. If it does work LMK.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve, I almost bought that same thing today. So, you like it alright? I might get one myself.

I have the 17" model and use it regularly. Good price.

Comment

I have the 17" with side burner/deep fryer attachment. I think I paid $150 last year. I keep it outside with my cookers, but It is portable enough to lug up to our camp. It definitely comes in handy.

Comment

efincoop I just bought the same one you have today. Damn, I didn’t know it was this heavy, but it weighs 65 lbs. Do you have a stand or cart you put yours on? I’m trying to find one and not having much luck. Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

• efincoop
            efincoop commented
            Editing a comment
            One other thing I have learned, the side burner does not do low! If you need to keep something warm or anything along those lines, you bet bet is to keep the griddle on it lowest setting and keep your pan on the griddle.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            efincoop I just went to your link for the cart, it’s gonna be too small to fit the Blackstone on. The Blackstone is 35” x 26” when assembled. The top of the cart on Amazon shows the top being 33” x 18”.

• efincoop
            efincoop commented
            Editing a comment
            Shoot! Thanks for catching that. I must have measured mine incorrectly

I’ve had one of these for 3 years now. The local propane dealer sold me a hose that goes from my 5 gal propane bottle and hooks up like a 1 lb bottle at the griddle. I really like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
            Personally, I would rather buy the 22" version.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...mpaign_id=9383

Click image for larger version  Name:	bcee2a31-9300-4549-a2f4-529d9eeea6ed_1.84dfb08d4a0b1a62e7be8c582ded6d71.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff.jpg Views:	83 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	1082417
            Why? It seems to me that the TACKLIFE 23" Portable Propane Gas Grill, Tabletop Griddle with 3 Burners, Stainless Steel is a better deal with a larger cooking surface than the 22" Blackstone and has a higher review rating as well. And the kicker - $140 for the Tacklife 23" vs. $183 for the Blackstone 22". The Royal Gourmet PD1300 3-Burner 27,000-BTU Portable Gas Grill Griddle at $95 isn't a bad deal either.

Comment

• dubob
              dubob commented
              Editing a comment
              According to an agent I talked to this morning at Blackstone, their griddles are all made in China. The cooking plate is 11 gauge steel which is 1/8" thick (3.175 MM). I would guess that most of these griddles, regardless of brand, are made in China. It is the world we live in these days. So, I would still buy the Tacklife/Royal Gourmet over the Blackstone. But that's just me. 😁

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              GolfGeezer I noticed that too on the Tacklife. That small hole will clog with any debris. On my Camp Chef, I've got the old school grease trough on the front edge, and its easy to clean the griddle off and shovel stuff out or push it down the trough to the grease hole. I wish the grease hold on mine were larger to be honest. If it were just a hole in a flat surface, that would be hard to direct a lot of bacon grease into for sure.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              dubob my Camp Chef griddle is 7 gauge, not sure that means much, but its a heavy beast - the top by itself is 80 pounds or so, and the cart and burner assembly is another 80 pounds.

Pay attention to grease management if you do end up buying a griddle. Personally I prefer the front grease trough and cup on the Camp Chef griddles to the rear grease catch on the Blackstone. And I've looked at a number of other brands in person that had a hole somewhere in the front of the griddle as well.

Well its $203 at Wally up here in this joke of a country.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here