Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flame King Propane Tank Gauge Level $12 at Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame King Propane Tank Gauge Level $12 at Amazon

Click image for larger version

Name:	815ITeg8Z3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1075364

That's actually a nice idea and fairly cheap. Just added to my cart, thanks !!

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I want it but then I ask myself if lifting up on the tank is $12 harder than looking at a gauge. My Weber Spirit has a built-in scale which is pretty slick.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      If it's like my Weber Summit spring loaded gauge its pretty inaccurate. Plus several of my propane handles won't properly mount on the darn thing to begin with, more of a PIA as far as I'm concerned. Lifting never seems to work for me either, they go for quite a while when they seem light and empty. Anyway you started it, I'm going to try one, $12 bucks ain't the end of the world. I got a drawer full of thermo devices worth 20x that which never get used

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Since the propane tank in the cabinet of my Blackstone griddle is held in place by a bolt, it is $12 harder to lift out than to look at a gauge. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to stuff like that, so I'm giving myself a high hourly rate for tank removal/lifting.

Not in stock at this time.

Comment

Cheaper, faster, and 100% reliable for telling you if your tank is empty:

Name:	AFF2F98B-7C41-4AED-9E3B-6771BE925FA7_4_5005_c.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1075898

... or not:

Name:	F7828F60-2CAA-44B6-84D5-AF9B14CF5180_4_5005_c.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1075899

Comment

These gages only tell you the pressure, not how much propane you have, right? I just wonder if it stays towards the full reading until you're completely out or maybe just a few minutes from being empty?

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          No, I believe it shows you how much is in your tank.

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          The gauge measures tank pressure then, based on an unknown assumption about pressure vs. contents, shows you an approximation of what is left in the tank. Of course, it would only "work" on one size of tank … a "standard" 20 lb/5 gal tank, I assume.

I was going to get these a while back, but after much research I've come to the conclusion they don't work as advertised. I've watched several but this video is short and does good job explaining. Kind of a bummer really, because it sure would be convenient.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          The best is to weigh an empty tank. Use a fish scale with the hook. Then periodically weight your tank until you get near that magic empty number.

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          ++++1 to Huskee’s suggestion.

Will this work for my pellets too?

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Please send $12 plus $49.99 s&h to me and I’ll put one in the mail at my earliest convenience. 😎
          Last edited by MBMorgan; August 11, 2021, 02:48 PM.

I just wait until the burners go out on the gasser. It's a 2 tank system.

Comment

I tried one of these some years back. Didn’t work for s**t. I always keep an extra full tank on hand. When the burners go out, switcharoo.

Comment

• Rod
            Rod commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I do too. The problem is I don't use my gasser enough to really have any kind of sense of how much I've used over time. Same with the Blackstone.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I have many tanks. Worst case scenario is I have to rob another cooker of its tank and then I have no excuse not to go fill up the emptys.

I’m with Jfrosty27 . I use one tank til it goes empty. Then, and here is the neat trick, I remove it & put a full one in. Then, I take the one that I just emptied to the guy that sells propane & hunting blinds and I get it filled. I do not buy a hunting blind cuz I don’t need one. Then I am ready when thee tank runs out & repeat the process. Didn’t spend a nickel outside of what I normally spent. Now what am I goin to do with that 13 bucks I just saved.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Why, this is Pure Genius, Brother!!!

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. If only they came up with one of these gizmos for charcoal instead

I have a 500 gallon tank with auto refill. I sleep well knowing I'll never run out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here